mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editor For XF ARPs?"

Posted on: July 07, 2013 @ 08:15 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

As the total number of ARPs increase with every generation MOTIF, it sure gets harder/takes longer to scroll through them.

Is there an ARP Manager/Editor Program, or iPad app, available for the XF?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2013 @ 08:36 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

As the total number of ARPs increase with every generation MOTIF, it sure gets harder/takes longer to scroll through them.

I’m not clear on what you are trying to do.  You said it takes longer to scroll through them.  There’s definitely a lot to choose from, that’s true!  (And we’re grateful for that!) But I’m not clear on what you are trying to do that an editor would be helpful for scrolling through the Arps.  Can you describe what it is that you are trying to accomplish?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2013 @ 08:38 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Also, are you using John Melas’s software?  He makes some excellent editors, which include selection of arps, and they are strongly recommended.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2013 @ 08:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jerrydpi - 07 July 2013 08:15 PM

[...]Is there an ARP Manager/Editor Program, or iPad app, available for the XF?

The latest news?…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/450184/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2013 @ 10:36 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012
moxrox - 07 July 2013 08:36 PM

I’m not clear on what you are trying to do.  You said it takes longer to scroll through them.  There’s definitely a lot to choose from, that’s true!  (And we’re grateful for that!) But I’m not clear on what you are trying to do that an editor would be helpful for scrolling through the Arps.  Can you describe what it is that you are trying to accomplish?

Hi moxrox!

I’m referring to a ARP Manager of some type (like 5pinDIN refers to).

Thanks!

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2013 @ 06:08 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

There is no editor for the onboard XF arps. The Yamaha arp creation tools are proprietary and not available to the public, they are only made available to Yamaha’s programming team.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2013 @ 08:07 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Hello Dave!

Is an Editor the same thing as a Manager?

Are the MOTIF Voices and Performances proprietary as well?

Good to hear from you again!

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2013 @ 05:52 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The John Melas Waveform Editor for the XF can manage user arps, but not edit them.

-- It maintains links between voices and the 5 arps assigned to them when creating user banks (i.e. adding a voice to a bank adds any user arps to the user arp bank)

-- It supports copying user arps from one All file to another

As far as Voices and Performances, the tools to edit these are not proprietary...Yamaha provides free voice editing software for all Motif models and John Melas sells performance editors.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2013 @ 06:46 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I too use the Melas Total Library and the Wave Editor for my ES and my XS. The Total Libarary is a very valuable tool. I highly recommend it.

I haven’t done any Arp Editing in the XS but have in the ES. It’s time consuming and a bear of a process, but you can create User Arps and Edit them there.

It would be nioe to have an Arp Editor to make things simple. That’s what I’m waiting for.
Just a thought......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2013 @ 09:57 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Thanks guys!

It looks like I need the Melas Software.

Thanks again!

Jerry

PS
I don’t want to edit the ARPs, just mange them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2013 @ 10:45 AM
Lennyx
Total Posts:  76
Joined  06-10-2012

The Yamaha arp creation tools are proprietary and not available to the public, they are only made available to Yamaha’s programming team.

How great would it be if Yamaha did make this feature available to the public so we can make our own custom intelligent ARPs. The user ARP programming is very limited but it has its uses.

I have the KARMA MOTIF software. This program has amazing ARP like creation features and can be manipulated in real-time. The possibilities seem endless but I haven’t had the time to really learn it yet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2013 @ 04:10 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you read the “latest news” thread 5-pin linked above, you’ll see that Yamaha announced that the ES Arp Manager software would be ported to the XS and XF but sadly that never happened.

FWIW: you could use the ES Arp Manager to create ES arp files which the XF can load, however the ES arpeggiator has fewer features than the XS/XF arpeggiator so it’s only a partial solution. I sold my ES but still have my copy of the Arp Manager, I should try it myself sometime ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Looping a song by external midi
Next Topic:

xf6 coming my way ››