mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What is the philosophy behind all Yamaha apps?"

Posted on: June 27, 2013 @ 12:59 AM
hasseg1
Total Posts:  34
Joined  08-07-2010

One big selling point regarding Yamaha’s hardware synths is the tight pc/Mac integration, especially with Cubase. Yamaha also produce really god app’s for iPad/iPhone like Mobile Seq, Synth & Dr Pad, Arp & Dr Pad, Performance and more. Then you also have Cubasis from Steinberg (Yamaha owned). All of these are great products on their own. But, I don’t understand the philosophy (or lack of). Why not make one sequncer that is tightly integrated with Yamaha MX/MOX synths? That would be such a winning combo. And, is there any communication between the guys that do Mobile Seq and Cubasis?

Let’s hope for better cooperation between Yamaha units.

/Hans

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 27, 2013 @ 04:54 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

To me right now the mobile app is just a way of marketing of Yamaha brand and products. If you tie an app to one specific product you don’t have many audience which Yamaha doesn’t want now.

In the future when everything is mobile then they might create some apps specifically for product brand such as Motif series, yamaha DTX drum ....

Just my thoughts!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2013 @ 03:20 AM
hasseg1
Joined  08-07-2010

I still think it would be such a great combo with an iPad app sequencer that is tightly integrated with Yamaha synths, especially those without a built in sequencer like the MX-series. This would be such a great combo for us musicians and a killer sales argument for Yamaha. As I don’t understand who does what at Yamaha/Steinberg, where should I post a request like this?

/Hans

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2013 @ 03:49 AM
hasseg1
Joined  08-07-2010

So, another update of the app without any progress integrating Yamaha hardware. Imaging a world where Yamaha and Steinberg app developers and Yamaha start to cooperate. That would probably result in the best mobile music production tool. But, nothing happens and Yamaha obviously knows there customers need better than I do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2013 @ 03:53 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Probably so. 125 years and still counting....!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 12, 2013 @ 10:41 PM
hasseg1
Joined  08-07-2010

Ha,ha...and still waiting. However, it’s never too late. I find it very hard not to believe Yamaha finally will consolidate their apps and develop a sequencer app that is tight integrated to their hardware. They are so close with the Mobile Music Sequencer. By the way, have a look at the new Logic Pro X and the iPad remote for inspiration even though it’s not hardware related.

Just a couple of thoughts that will make world class products even better.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2014 @ 08:22 AM
YorkshireLakeside
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-15-2013

I plan to develop iPad/Android applications for the MX. To me as a Software Engineer and an interest in the Yamaha MX I would love for Yamaha to create a Framework/Software Development Kit available that handles the communication between the devices (make it easy instead of re-inventing the wheel every time, entering SysEx codes, etc) and then allow third parties to create sequencer apps or whatever people think might be required. I’m all for Free apps and I wouldn’t charge anyway, but you have to pay Apple to release the app to the masses.

Every tune I create in Cubase, I use 100% sounds from the Yamaha MX, none of the VSTi’s as I find that they are disk and memory hungry - which is why the iPad/Android tables are ideal for this type of “Live” gig market.

The community page I setup on Facebook and Google+ was to get the creative juices going and discuss what people want, share ideas with the hope that someone at Yamaha will take note and in the future respond.

It would be nice if someone at Yamaha would contact me so that I can send this type of feedback to Yamaha… as it is no good stuck in my inbox… or at least let me know that someone checks the page from time to time to help with concerns and official statements to let people know what is happening.

Love the MX, Love Cubase and one day I might have an iPad… until then, good luck with the apps.

[ Ignore ]