mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can a Motif 8 Performance be recorded into Pattern"

Posted on: June 03, 2013 @ 08:04 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

I have a Motif XS8.  My friend has a Motif 8.  I was telling him how easy it is for me to record a performance into a pattern or song.  I was at his place today and he asked me to show him how to do it on his Motif 8.  For the life of me, I could not find a way to set up any type of performance to be recorded by the sequencer in pattern mode.  Is this possible to do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2013 @ 07:22 PM
PatchChord
Total Posts:  1662
Joined  07-29-2002

Yep, from Song or Pattern mode, it’s Mixing/Job/ then the ‘PF Copy’ tab.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2013 @ 10:54 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

Thanks Patch.

I will let my friend know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2013 @ 09:10 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a Motif XS8.  My friend has a Motif 8.  I was telling him how easy it is for me to record a performance into a pattern or song.  I was at his place today and he asked me to show him how to do it on his Motif 8.  For the life of me, I could not find a way to set up any type of performance to be recorded by the sequencer in pattern mode.  Is this possible to do?

Although PatchChord is correct you can Copy a Performance to a SONG or PATTERN, you cannot record all four Parts simultaneously with the Motif Classic same as with your Motif XS… This is particularly true when Arpeggios are involved.

Going back to the original Motif… It only has one Arpeggiator ( your XS has four simultaneous arpeggiators)
One of the significant changes in the product occurred between the ES and XS, not only multiple arps, but Direct Performance Record was developed.

For information on the (difficult) task of recording a Performance to the Motif sequencer please see the following…

http://files2.keyfax.com/ESPDFs/RecordingPerformances.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Problem with piano sounds on Mix ’N’ Match library
Next Topic:

Loaded Songs Won’t Play ››