mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HOW TO SET DELAY TEMPO?"

Posted on: June 02, 2013 @ 01:36 PM
steo_berto
Total Posts:  6
Joined  12-30-2012

Dear sirs,

I have a question that may be very simple to answer.

In a performance, I need to put a delay effect on a voice. What is the right procedure?

Moreover, and more important, how can I adjust the delay tempo, in a performance I need 90bpm, and in another I need 110bpm. In the delay setup page there is no parameter to adjust that.

How can the delay tempo be adjusted?

thank you very much for your answer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2013 @ 10:24 AM
steo_berto
Joined  12-30-2012

Nobody has any idea? It is not possible to do what I am asking?

Thanks in advance to anyone who would answer!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2013 @ 11:31 AM
tritone
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-14-2013

EDIT:  Ooops!  I thought I was viewing the MOX Forum when I replied below, not the S90 forum!  Maybe the S90 has something similar, otherwise sorry for the interruption!

I’m not sitting at the MOX right now, but I’m looking at the Reference Manual on p.36.  Each Effect has (possibly) additional “parameter pages” that you reach by pressing the Cursor left/right [<]/[>] buttons.  Perhaps the parameter you’re looking for is on one of these pages?  My apologies if you’ve already visited these pages and can’t find the parameter you need.

For example, in the downloadable PDF that is called the MOX 6 Data List, you’ll see on p.79 several effects called “Tempo Delay” and the first parameter is called “Delay Time” and it looks like you set it to a division of the current Tempo (a note duration value).  Try setting your Song Tempo to the BPM you need, and then set the “Delay Time” to a subdivision of this tempo, like 8th note or quarter note.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 15, 2013 @ 08:17 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

tritone is correct, even if answering for the MOX instead of the S90 XS/S70 XS, the Delay types with TEMPO in the name can easily be set to musical subdivisions.

You are constructing a PERFORMANCE, you will need to know the following about Effect allocation.

In Voice mode the Voice has two Insertion Effects available, and it has access to the two System Effects (Rev and Chorus). The Insert Effects are programmed as apart of the Voice itself. So each Voice will automatically bring both of the INSERTION EFFECTS along when you place that Oice in the PART of a Performance.

All four Voices will share the SYSTEM EFFECTS of the Performance… Each with an individual SEND amount.

So if you want more than one of the PARTS of your PERFORMANCE to have access to the Tempo Delay, then set it up as one of the SYSTEM EFFECTS… In the CHORUS processor.

From your PERFORMANCE
Press EDIT
Select COMMON
Select EFFECT
Move the cursor around this screen to navigate
Highlight the CHORUS processor
Select a Tempo Delay (Tempo Cross Delay, Tempo Delay Mono, Tempo Delay Stereo)

Each of your PARTS can access this delay via a Send control (Part parameter)
You can edit the effect so the repeats can be set to any musical value between a 32nd Triplet and a Dotted Quarter Note.

The subdivisions are derived from the current TEMPO setting… Every Program can store a tempo because the arpeggiators reference the instrument’s clock. Set the Tempo to the value you desire, your delays will automatically adjust. There is a dedicated Tempo knob or you can simply navigate to the arpeggio screen and set the tempo.
Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2013 @ 12:15 PM
steo_berto
Joined  12-30-2012

Thanks thanks thanks !!!  I solved the problem now it is clear. You must admit that it was not easy to find out that only Delay with tempo in the name could be set to arpeggio tempo! THanks guys it is the third time that you solve my problem.

I have other questions that i will post as a new topic, i am finding out something about this keyboard every day!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90XS and Plugins
Next Topic:

Activate Master mode from another keyboard ››