mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP please anyone.. usb problem"

Posted on: June 02, 2013 @ 01:49 AM
summer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-09-2010

Help!!! Yesterday i saved all my songs and stuff to my usb stick as usual,but when i booted up my motif xs it said illegal file????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2013 @ 02:48 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using Auto Load? If so, what is the full name of the file that is being loaded?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2013 @ 03:04 AM
summer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-09-2010

Yes am using autoload but have also tried loading it manually.  The file has been loading fine for weeks then all of a sudden it flashed up “illegal file” last night.  I really don’t understand why it is doing this! file name is paul25.xoa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 02, 2013 @ 03:58 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Before doing anything else, I suggest that you use a different USB flash drive and save an ALL (.X0A) file to it. That will both protect your User data and help you determine where the problem might be.

Next, if there are ALL files other than paul25 on the drive that has the problem, will they load correctly?

Are you saving your ALL file with the same name (paul25) every time? If so, I suggest you stop doing that. That way, if there’s a problem with a particular file, you could load a previous version.

A single copy of data is vulnerable, no matter what medium it’s on. If your data is important to you, you should back it up to a computer, a second USB drive, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ samples
Next Topic:

Using an external midi controller to play the XS6 ››