mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX 6 and Sonar 8.5"

Posted on: May 21, 2013 @ 06:09 AM
anj
Total Posts:  11
Joined  05-21-2013

Hello,
First time posting here.  I recently purchased a MOX 6 and I intend to use it with Cakewalk Sonar 8.5 as I do with other synthns that I have (including a Yamaha MO6).  As I understand it, the MOX uses the same patch structure as the Motif XS.  I have tried to load up the Motif XS instrument definition file into Sonar and all the patches do indeed show up but when i try to change the patches on the MOX from within Sonar, the MOX will only switch to patches contained in the PRE1 bank.  I have compared the instrument definitions from the MO6 (which I made using the Motif XS file as a template) and the structure looks exactly the same, except for the patch names of course.  Is there a step i have overlooked that will enable bank selection as well as patch selecting from Sonar to MOX?  Thanks in advance.

Also… attached is the MO-6 / MO-8 instrument definition file that I created, should anyone have an interest.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2013 @ 03:01 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In order to post an attachment you may have to ZIP it.

There are Sonar Instrument Definitions for all the Yamaha synths. A properly prepared Instrument Definition will select the banks (not just PRE 1) so you have indeed missed something.

(the only thing about Instrument Definitions is they are only really useful for the PRESET1-PRESET8 and Drum Preset Voices… as the USER banks are subject to change depending on what is loaded into your instrument).

Sonar/Cakewalk Instrument Definitions

We will try to get this page updated with the S90XS/S70XS, MOX, Motif XF and MX by the weekend… stay tuned…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2013 @ 04:38 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

I was using the script some and it was working for me.

But I used one I found on the net.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2013 @ 11:07 AM
anj
Joined  05-21-2013

i went back and loaded it up again and it worked fine using the Motif XS instrument defs.  I have not been able to fine ones specifically for the MOX 6 or the MO 6.  Others elsewhere in this forum suggested how I might create my own MO 6 instrument defs and I succeeded in doing so.  I will zip it and try to upload it again.

Thanks for the responses

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2013 @ 07:23 AM
anj
Joined  05-21-2013
Bad_Mister - 21 May 2013 03:01 PM
In order to post an attachment you may have to ZIP it.

There are Sonar Instrument Definitions for all the Yamaha synths. A properly prepared Instrument Definition will select the banks (not just PRE 1) so you have indeed missed something....

-----

Can you please point me to a location where I might download instrument definitions specifically or the MOX 6/8?  I have been using the Motif XS defs but, again, they are only choosing patches on the Pre #1 bank.  It seems to be intermittent and the problem may be on the software end but if I have the MOX defs, i can rule that out.

Thanks,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

I’ll see if I can attach this one:

I found a few, I think this one is the best. It’s an xs script but I’m thinking the mox has identical layout.

File Attachments
motifxsscript.txt  (File Size: 61KB - Downloads: 429)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 13, 2013 @ 12:01 PM
anj
Joined  05-21-2013

Thanks so much Tacman.  I will give it a shot tonight.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi Question/ MOX8
Next Topic:

Proper tuning for psychoacoustics (positive effect on brain) ››