mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Easiest way to pitch down a track one scale in pattern mode?"

Posted on: May 19, 2013 @ 08:58 AM
Bondra
Total Posts:  136
Joined  11-11-2012

Hi!

I often record bass one or two octaves higher to hear the notes better. After recording i usually lower the recorded loop one or two octaves.

In pattern mode with my track selected I press [MIXING] then [EDIT] to reach the Pattern edit for my voice. The closest I find is something called “Note shift”. But this doesn’t really do what I want. I thought it worked out like raise or lower with 7 (for one octave). But it sounds false so that maybe wrong approach.

I just want to raise or lower with 1 for each octave just like Im able to to when messing around with arpeggios where its an option called “Output Octave Shift"…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2013 @ 09:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Bondra - 19 May 2013 08:58 AM

[...] I thought it worked out like raise or lower with 7 (for one octave). But it sounds false so that maybe wrong approach.[...]

There are 12 half-steps (semitones) per octave. Note Shift allows for up to +/- 24 semitones, or 2 octaves.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2013 @ 12:51 PM
Bondra
Total Posts:  136
Joined  11-11-2012

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2013 @ 01:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Easiest way to pitch down a track one scale in pattern mode?

On this subject, to be clear. The data in the Track is not affected at all by the PART parameter NOTE SHIFT. “NOTE SHIFT” is a parameter of the receiving TONE GENERATOR.

I know, it is a small thing, and that either one will accomplish the immediate goal, but it is an important thing to understand when it comes to transmitting MIDI data. The PART “NOTE SHIFT” parameter, for example, would not affect anything connected to the Motif XF OUT via MIDI. This particular PART “Note Shift” is a function of the internal Tone Generator.

So to answer your question about “pitching down a track”, you would do this by TRANSPOSING the track data… which is a PATTERN > JOB

From the main PATTERN mode screen
Select the Track [1]-[16]
Press [JOB]
Press [F2] NOTE
Select TRANSPOSE
Set the measure region, and the note region (C-2 through G8), and the Transpose distance with -/+12 = 1 octave.

The Sequence Track “Transpose” will affect both the internal and external MIDI devices.
The PART “Note Shift” parameter will only affect the internal tone generator.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 11:28 PM
guitarpicker1
Total Posts:  6
Joined  11-21-2013

Bad_Mister
you are bad man! Lol
Thank you for taking the time to help the newbies like me.
You are making me love my XF8 more each time you clear things up,.
Thanks C

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Edit Button Problem...?
Next Topic:

Pedal setup ››