mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Custom ARP using MegaVoice Guitar"

Posted on: May 18, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
neel_tankpac
Total Posts:  44
Joined  08-04-2012

Hi,

I tried re-creating arp number 1677 under GtrMg in the following way,
1. In SONG mode I recorded 1 measure of CMajor chord using Mega Guitar Steel and the arp number 1677 in track 1.
2. I copied this track to another track (track 2).
3. In Track 1 I kept all the melodic notes and deleted all the fixed notes like the gutar fret noises etc.
4. In Track 2 I kept all the fixed notes and deleted all the melodic notes.
5. From the Track Job menu I selected “Put track to arpeggio” option and selected measure 001 - 002 to convert to arp.
6. In the Arp track 1 I selected Track 1 and Convert type as “org notes” and selected the root note as C3.
7. In the Arp track 2 I selected Track 2 and Convert type as “fixed”.
8. Saved the arp as a new user arp “Test”.
9. In Track 3 I used same Mega Guitar Steel and “Test” arp. I used exactly the same playback arp parameters in Arp Main and Arp Other as arp 1677.
10. The Key Mode was set to sort and Velocity Mode was set to original.

The overall impact of the new arp was satisfactory but not as good as the original arp 1677.
Also while playing chords the slide noise was missing during changing chords, which while playing the arp 1677 is quite audible.

Could anyone pls guide if I am doing something wrong. I wanted to created some new guitar arps and thought of experimenting with the original ones first.
Also is there any editor available to see the arp structure ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2013 @ 02:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You are under the impression that you can reproduce the arpeggio in sequencer. This may or may not be possible.

Arpeggio #1677 is of the “XS TYPE” - which Yamaha describes in the Motif XS manual as newly developed expressly for the new types of arpeggios. Please see the articles for more on these arpeggio types.
Arpeggios Explored Part I

Listening to ARP #1677 you can clearly hear that it is made of note data (which is being ‘sorted’ by the chord intelligent arpeggio) and it has ‘fixed’ note noise data which is playing Element 7. These sound effect noises are mapped above the range of the normal guitar notes C6-G8.

You should be able to, by separating the data as you have - recreate this arpeggio converting the normal notes (guitar range notes) using the “ORIGINAL NOTES” convert type, and by converting the fixed note (guitar noises) using the “FIXED NOTE” convert type.

As to the finger zing that occurs - ARP TYPE #1677 has this setup as an ARP PLAY FX - please see the [F3] ARP OTHER page where RANDOM SFX. This ARP TYPE has a finger zing when you move from one chord voicing to another as its random sound effect.

Please see the DATA LIST booklet for details about the ARPEGGIO TYPES - you will notice that some of the Drum ARPs feature an ACCENT and some of the Guitar and Bass ARPs feature a RANDOM Sound Effect (SFX). These can be activated and used interactively during live play.

As far as I know, there is no way to create the ACCENT VELOCITY THRESHOLD or RANDOM SFX function in USER ARPs. And as far as I know, the advanced function of the limiting the region of the keyboard so that the phrase plays in a specific range no matter where the trigger notes are engaged - this is one of the ‘new developments’ that “XS TYPE” brings to the Motif-series (this requires a Note Transposition Table function not accessible by the user) again, as far as I know.

So there are arpeggios among the 6700+ that you cannot recreate using the PUT TRACK TO ARPEGGIO Job… And the “XS_Type” are certainly among these.

But you should be able to do ARP #1677 perfectly except for the RANDOM SFX.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading Performances
Next Topic:

No Sound ››