mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Voice assignment"

Posted on: May 16, 2013 @ 02:53 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hello all.  Bad_Mister can help with this.  In the masterclass DVD you showed a cool option by routing assignable function buttons, or ribbon, to a foot pedal and you were able to go from a keyboard sound to a string using the pedal

I took sketchy notes. 

I initialized a voice and assigned a piano wave to element 1 and a string ensemble Wav to element 2.

That’s where I got confused.  I don’t have a pedal, yet, so what I wanted to do was use the mod wheel (or AF1/2 ) to switch from. Piano to string.  Again I’m moving into areas of extreme interest that you triggered in your film (tho Tony is quite entertaining as well)

Appreciate if you could move me to the point where I can switch elements (or multiple elements) using one of the controllers or pedal.  Many thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 17, 2013 @ 03:10 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I took detailed notes :-)

Here is a tutorial on this very thing (particular the paragraph heading: “BIASING a parameter to a CONTROLLER")

Working with and Understanding Physical Controllers

Although written for the XS it will apply to the XF. This article covers some of the basic concepts of Controller assignment… then when you have that covered you can try the ‘advanced application’:

Advanced Application Tutorial Motif XF: XA CONTROL

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Notes "cut" when changing voices during play
Next Topic:

Loading Performances ››