mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Volume level in live performance"

Posted on: April 28, 2013 @ 05:10 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Morn’ from Louisiana. 

Was doing a wedding yesterday and first gig using the MX61.  When our sound guy was connecting two boards (Korg M50 and the MX61) he was doi g a level check and remarked on the difference between the two.  Not knowing the jargon for live mixing, please forgive my misnomers, but he said so etching like he really had to jack up the gain to get the MX to play the same level as the korg.  He asked meto turn the volum knob up and it was already 3/4 turned up (while the korg was on a 2 out of 10 with its volume)

Is this just something with internal issues or something I can tweak.  In the end it doesn’t matter I guess.  I’m more curious than anything.

Thanka

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2013 @ 10:04 AM
Ben P
Total Posts:  26
Joined  04-20-2013
richie1027 - 28 April 2013 05:10 AM

Morn’ from Louisiana. 

Was doing a wedding yesterday and first gig using the MX61.  When our sound guy was connecting two boards (Korg M50 and the MX61) he was doi g a level check and remarked on the difference between the two.  Not knowing the jargon for live mixing, please forgive my misnomers, but he said so etching like he really had to jack up the gain to get the MX to play the same level as the korg.  He asked meto turn the volum knob up and it was already 3/4 turned up (while the korg was on a 2 out of 10 with its volume)

Is this just something with internal issues or something I can tweak.  In the end it doesn’t matter I guess.  I’m more curious than anything.

Thanka

Try going into the master EQ and adding a few Db to low/mid/high, that will raise volume out by a significant amount to match other equipment. Also make sure your master volume in Utility>general is maxed out as well as DAW level. Also go in Edit>Part>Play Mode>Volume=127 for each of your parts, then adjust volume of each to the right mix level.

Max out all your Parts then lower individually if one is too loud.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2013 @ 10:43 AM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

Many thanks Ben....I’ll give it a go!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2013 @ 09:06 PM
Ben P
Joined  04-20-2013
richie1027 - 28 April 2013 10:43 AM

Many thanks Ben....I’ll give it a go!

You can also boost only 1 part/voice by adding an EQ effect and editing it. Many other effects have boosting effects, delay for example…

In my current mix I’m working on tonight, my Saxophone wasn’t loud enough and every other part had to be lower volume which made the track pretty quiet.

I boosted the sax’s delay effect EQ adjustment which helped make the sax louder without hurting the quality (actually improving) because increasing the High frequency gave it more precense.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2013 @ 06:21 AM
richie1027
Joined  10-14-2008

A couple of the settings you suggested we’re lower (~100) so it made a little difference.  It just seems there is something with the electronic makeup of the boars where one pushes out a louder signal than the other.  The sound guy can always compensate but he was really the one puzzled.  All I gotta do is play.  He makes sure its heard!  Haha

What tune were you playing the sax too?  Great sounding voice

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
Ben P
Joined  04-20-2013

An original, I was instantly inspired by it..
I used the Saxbigband and edited the effects added delay. Sounds even better now.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice Libraries Shop for MX61?
Next Topic:

Splits in performance. ››