mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB playback and time-stretch"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: October 26, 2015 @ 01:25 PM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

Hi David,

I would prefer to answer your questions on the PSRTUTORIAL Forum because this is a PSR-S950 question more than a MOXF and you already have the 950 and you are already a member there too.

I’m Bill G there too.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2015 @ 02:22 PM
bgrosse
Joined  07-06-2009

David,

1. I never used either keyboard as a true Master.

2. You really don’t have much control over the other keyboard from either of these two. I used both of these keyboards connected thru Cubase mostly.

3. I don’t know of any way to get the S950 to send voice changes to the MOXF as there is no facility to do this. You might also have a problem if you are using the new s970 or a Tyros because they use MSB 63 for the User voices and you would likely have duplication on the MOXF.

4. I did try making styles by way of the MOX Arps - it took me an entire day to make one style and it was not good enough for me to share. frankly it was just too much work for the results and the Yamaha styles are just sooo much better.

I did not keep the S950 long and went in the direction of the Korg arrangers for a time because of their superior style and voice making features. Right now I do not have any arranger, but I do still have my MOX.

Bill G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2015 @ 12:23 PM
dtah80
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-26-2015
bgrosse - 26 October 2015 02:22 PM

David,

1. I never used either keyboard as a true Master.

2. You really don’t have much control over the other keyboard from either of these two. I used both of these keyboards connected thru Cubase mostly.

3. I don’t know of any way to get the S950 to send voice changes to the MOXF as there is no facility to do this. You might also have a problem if you are using the new s970 or a Tyros because they use MSB 63 for the User voices and you would likely have duplication on the MOXF.

4. I did try making styles by way of the MOX Arps - it took me an entire day to make one style and it was not good enough for me to share. frankly it was just too much work for the results and the Yamaha styles are just sooo much better.

I did not keep the S950 long and went in the direction of the Korg arrangers for a time because of their superior style and voice making features. Right now I do not have any arranger, but I do still have my MOX.

Bill G

Hi Bill,

Thank You so very much for taking the time to answer my questions. It sure helps a lot. I love the arranger world and won’t see myself getting out of it. I read about the Korg PA series and I believe I did read your comments on the Korg PA over the PSR from the PSRTutorial forum. I was going to get a PA600 but decided to get the MOXF 6 instead. I wasn’t sure how to MIDIed both the PSR and PA (and even playing them separately, I didn’t think it was efficient nor adding much value). You don’t mind if I ask, why you stick with the MOX and said goodbye to the arranger?. I enjoy reading your comments on the PSRTutorial and hope that you will continue to stick around and be a mentor on both forums. Have a blessed day Bill.

Best Regards,

David

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 28, 2015 @ 03:00 PM
bgrosse
Joined  07-06-2009

Hi David,

Thanks for your kind words - I do not plan to leave the PSRTUTORIAL as I have been very close to that forum for nearly 13 years now.

I have thought about swapping my MOX for a MOXF and I will likely do that before the end of the year because of Yamaha’s special deal going on now.
I think the MOX is one of the best values for a keyboard. I use mine as my PC sound card as well as my work with Cubase - so it is on all day every day and it fits on my computer desk so well too. Of course the PSR’s all fit on my desk because their dimensions are similar width wise.

I’m also leaning towards getting the PSR-S970 as Yamaha has finally given the PSR the ability to use owner voices - that is why I went to Korg. I had every Tyros model up to the T4, but voice editing was such a pain and I just could not understand why Yamaha did not make the wave files compatible between the Motif and the Tyros keyboards - yes, I also have owned several Motifs. I also moved back into acoustic guitars for less frustration. ;-)

Best regards,

Bill G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 30, 2015 @ 11:44 AM
dtah80
Joined  10-26-2015
bgrosse - 28 October 2015 03:00 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for your kind words - I do not plan to leave the PSRTUTORIAL as I have been very close to that forum for nearly 13 years now.

I have thought about swapping my MOX for a MOXF and I will likely do that before the end of the year because of Yamaha’s special deal going on now.
I think the MOX is one of the best values for a keyboard. I use mine as my PC sound card as well as my work with Cubase - so it is on all day every day and it fits on my computer desk so well too. Of course the PSR’s all fit on my desk because their dimensions are similar width wise.

I’m also leaning towards getting the PSR-S970 as Yamaha has finally given the PSR the ability to use owner voices - that is why I went to Korg. I had every Tyros model up to the T4, but voice editing was such a pain and I just could not understand why Yamaha did not make the wave files compatible between the Motif and the Tyros keyboards - yes, I also have owned several Motifs. I also moved back into acoustic guitars for less frustration. ;-)

Best regards,

Bill G

Hi Bill,

Thanks for sharing, I’m glad you stick around with both forums.

You’re correct about the Yamaha’s special deal going on til Dec. 31, 2015 (I believe), it’s called the 40th Anniversary Premium Pack (512 MB flash memory card that has 2GB of premium voice and sample library). That’s the reason why I decided to buy the MOXF last week. Just FYI, I bought mine new at musiciansfriend and paid only $959.99 (I had a 20% coupon from them via email). I plan to spend more time with the MOXF this weekend and can’t wait to witness the marriage of an electronic instrument and a PC :-).

I love what Yamaha introduces in the PSR-S970, I think you would love it more than your S950. Can’t wait to see your post on this new KB on psrtutorial. As for me, I need to discover what more I can do / learn on the S950. Hopefully, I will learn quick enough before the next MOTL PSR KB comes out.

As good as Yamaha KBs, overall, are, there are so many things Yamaha should do for its users, such as bringing the ease of use from the arranger to the synth., and port those great voices from the synth to the arranger, etc. but I can understand why Yamaha decides to do so. It’s all about products market positioning and profit making.

Have fun with your acoustic guitar Mr. Bill and have a great weekend.

Regards,

David

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2015 @ 10:09 AM
bgrosse
Joined  07-06-2009

David,

Thanks my friend and same good times ahead for you.

Bill G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2015 @ 11:15 AM
dtah80
Joined  10-26-2015
bgrosse - 31 October 2015 10:09 AM

David,

Thanks my friend and same good times ahead for you.

Bill G

Thanks Bill, take care. Will...see you later on both forums.

David

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2017 @ 07:51 PM
anilsahin
Total Posts:  15
Joined  04-30-2015

Dear Bill G,
Dear David,

I have read your messages with great interest.

I am playing a Roland piano and keyboard in a Jazz/Latin band since six years.

I played a Tyros 1 for many years, as a hobby mainly at home (for electro pop) and sometimes for organ and synth Voices in the band.

As the Tyros was defect, last year I’ve bought the MOXF6 , mainly for Rhodes, Organ and Synth solos on the stage.

But I really miss the ‘ease-of-use’ of the Tyros very much;
Especially for practicing solos with the right hand, while some nice Jazz/Latin styles accompany me with the left hand.

My QUESTION is:
If I were to exchange my MOXF6 for a PSR-S950, can I still get the same XF-quality VOICES on Stage?
(and make my practices and hobbies with the STYLES of 950 at home)

Or is it like exchanging a BMW against a Toyota? (sorry for the funny comparison :) :)

Thank you in advance
Anil Sahin

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Prologue and cubase problem
Next Topic:

WHY ARE THE I/Os on MOX8 Unbalanced? ››