mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "640 free Yamaha Motif ES voices"

Posted on: April 03, 2013 @ 04:42 PM
Music_and_artman
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-12-2007

640 free Yamaha Motif ES voices

Here you go. Here are 640 free Yamaha Motif Classic voices that can be loaded into your Yamaha Motif ES; The PSC Songwriters Collection - sonorous, colorful and playable voices that are especially suited for songwriting in music genres of rock, R & B, folk, pop, jazz, new age and film music.

Each of the 5 soundset files can be loaded to the User Voice Bank 1 in your Motif ES. Most of the voices should sound OK on your ES although differences between the two instruments ROM waveforms may cause some voices to sound strange. (Unfortunately, I have not tested how the voices sound as I do not have a Motif ES.)

The PSC Songwriters Collection are a huge collection of unique sounds for your Yamaha Motif ES. Use them as you like! They are all based on the instrument’s internal wave ROM, so the sounds load quickly.

Much energy and many hundred hours of effort are put into creating the Songwriters Collection soundset, so I hope it will be useful and inspiring for you. Enjoy using the voices!

You can download the voices here:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/466468/

Greetings Music_and_artman

Note: Comments are appreciated, they keeps the thread alive.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2013 @ 08:46 AM
Trix66
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-14-2012

Thanks a lot for the free sounds I played the power grand 2 and a couple of the pianos and they sound GREAT I am serious these sounds are excellent coming out of the ES I only played like 4 sounds and couldn’t stop playing just them sounds You can play the piano so soft where you can barely here it and then play harder and it’s unreal. Thanks a lot

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2013 @ 10:18 AM
3nglenn
Total Posts:  129
Joined  04-17-2010

Hi! Thanks for the sounds! Are these compatible with the MO6/8 via a USB stick or the Editor? thanks G.P.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2013 @ 02:29 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

AS you may recall I was critical of the last set of Voices that you offered. I did download these and did find some Voices, re-taylored Voices and Combinations that ‘I’ can take advantage of.

As entertainers, writers etc. we ‘should’ know that we won’t please everyone in spite of our best efforts. That last set of Voices didn’t ‘work’ for me and what I do. I said so not to rain on your parade, but to just express ‘my’ point of view. I could have said ‘nothing’, but then you would be under the illusion that ‘everyone’ found what you offered useful. I’m sure there were others who chose not to ‘say anything’.

The Motif Family of workstations offer one the ability to Edit and adjust the ‘given’ Voices to ones liking. Many don’t take the time. It is tedious work and, not to the admirable extent you have, some haven’t taken advantage of the feature.

That you offer ‘your’ efforts free is very generous and appreciated. It also has given me some ‘ideas’ that I will apply to Voices I already have and expansion of some that you have offered. I can use them as a ‘platform’ for some of those ideas that I either was ill equiped or, like most, too lazy to take the time. And once I have committed Voices to the ES, I will be converting them to the XS with the more powerful Tone Generator.

With appreciation I thank you for your offer and the effort.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2013 @ 04:42 PM
Music_and_artman
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-12-2007
3nglenn - 04 April 2013 10:18 AM

Hi! Thanks for the sounds! Are these compatible with the MO6/8 via a USB stick or the Editor? thanks G.P.

Yes 3nglenn, these voices can also be loaded into the MO6 and MO8. Each of the 5 soundset files will be loaded into the User Voice Bank 1. Most of the voices should sound OK on your MO although differences between the two instruments ROM waveforms may cause some voices to sound strange. (Unfortunately, I have not tested how the voices sound as I do not have a MO.)

TheDukester - 04 April 2013 02:29 PM

AS you may recall I was critical of the last set of Voices that you offered. I did download these and did find some Voices, re-taylored Voices and Combinations that ‘I’ can take advantage of.

As entertainers, writers etc. we ‘should’ know that we won’t please everyone in spite of our best efforts. That last set of Voices didn’t ‘work’ for me and what I do. I said so not to rain on your parade, but to just express ‘my’ point of view. I could have said ‘nothing’, but then you would be under the illusion that ‘everyone’ found what you offered useful. I’m sure there were others who chose not to ‘say anything’.

Actually I am well aware of that my voices won’t please everyone. I mean how could they when we humans have such different tastes?

But I didn’t make them to please anybody else but myself. I made them to support the type of music that I like to play. But after making several hundred voices then I thought that they might be useful for others than me. And that’s the reason I have made them available here at motifator.com.

At the same time, I think it is a shame that so few nowadays feel the urge to share voices and sound setups with others - unfortunately there is a tendency to keep things close to the body. And that trend I do not want to participate in.

So my voices is an offer, and people can take it or leave it - it’s fine with me.  But of course I will be glad to hear when people actually find my voices usable.

TheDukester - 04 April 2013 02:29 PM

That you offer ‘your’ efforts free is very generous and appreciated. It also has given me some ‘ideas’ that I will apply to Voices I already have and expansion of some that you have offered. I can use them as a ‘platform’ for some of those ideas that I either was ill equiped or, like most, too lazy to take the time. And once I have committed Voices to the ES, I will be converting them to the XS with the more powerful Tone Generator.

With appreciation I thank you for your offer and the effort.

As I wrote, you are welcome to use the voices as you like, and the fact that they give you inspiration for your own voice creation, that makes me happy. Anyone can use the voices as he or she please.

Greetings Music_and_artman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2013 @ 11:20 PM
jenjohn
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-23-2013

hi.. thank you sooo much..

i have downloaded it..

but i dont know how to load it thru usb in my motif…

and i olso dont know how to save the edited tones in user1 bank

im soory , im new user of motif.. i dont know much..

help meee

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2013 @ 01:40 PM
Afaundezdds
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-20-2013

Thnk you very much for the sounds

[ Ignore ]