mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF Wireless Connection"

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 10:05 AM
jsfingers
Total Posts:  109
Joined  08-28-2009

Hi,

I want to connect my XF to my home computers via wireless network. I tried to follow both the reference manual and the supplemental manual as well but still having difficulties.  When I go into the Utility-Network-Interface-wireless setting on Motif it shows my router and it verifies that I’m connected. But when I go onto my computer the motif doesn’t show. Also, if I try to mount on the Motif end, none of the computers on the network are visible. I also tried to get the computer to recognize motif using \\name-MOTIF_XF and get an error stating can’t access.  Is there something I’m not doing on the computer/s end?

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 11:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Your profile is not really clear about what computer you are trying to have communicate with your XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 11:12 AM
jsfingers
Total Posts:  109
Joined  08-28-2009

Sorry, dell precision workstation 370 Win 7

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2013 @ 04:20 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry you are having issues with this. So much can be preventing it from the computer side (firewalls, security, etc)… In response to your question I looked into connecting my XF to my router which has a Windows Vista, Windows 8, and Mac running. Actually the Vista computer is connected to the router via Ethernet. The Mac and Windows 8 are wireless to the router. Also the iPad Can also find it via the router, right away.

My Motif XF found the Vista computer everytime. Frustratingly, try as I might, it would not find the other computers… I sat down for dinner, watched a couple innings of the ball game, checked the Windows 8 computer and there was my Motif XF, checked the Mac and there was my Motif XF.  not sure what I did, because I was eating dinner… Seems the computers take their own sweet time about connecting.

We can help with the Network settings on your XF side, if your router sees it and your XF reports connected that is a good thing… Give your computer time to figure out what’s that other item on the line. I wish I had a shortcut to make computers recognize it quicker but it seems they take their own sweet time.

[ Ignore ]