mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how to copy performance to mixing mode?"

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 04:48 PM
zapper
Total Posts:  40
Joined  01-16-2013

hi,
how to copy performance to song to be able switch to mixing mode?
i need 1 more instrument and cant’ add fifth part in performance so
I need move all to song mode. I don’t want to record performance to
song, just copy all parts and effects. Is it possible?

Second question - piano in one part is shifted 1 octave down, how can I change it?

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2013 @ 05:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Go to the SONG
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F3] COPY
Press [SF3] PERF
Set the PERFORMANCE you want to copy and mark the attributes you wish to copy, set the target to the PARTS you want the PERFORMANCE to use, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, or 13-16

Press [ENTER] to execute.

You can TUNE Parts as you require.
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press the PART you want to EDIT [1]-[16]
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Here you can NOTE SHIFT each PART up or down as you require, over a two octave range: +24/-24

Press [STORE] to update your Sequence and Mix

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 01:03 AM
zapper
Joined  01-16-2013

thanks Bad_Mister!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 02:56 PM
zapper
Joined  01-16-2013

One more problem have, after copying performance to song mixing mode i cannot separate those 4 parts imported, why? When i move slider it moves all 4 parts. Also in song mode i don’t see 4 parts listed but one,
3 other have blanked names. Any trick to fix that?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 04:20 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
zapper - 27 March 2013 02:56 PM

One more problem have, after copying performance to song mixing mode i cannot separate those 4 parts imported, why? When i move slider it moves all 4 parts. Also in song mode i don’t see 4 parts listed but one,
3 other have blanked names. Any trick to fix that?
Thanks

When a PERFORMANCE is copied to a MIXING via the COPY PERFORMANCE JOB, the (4) PARTS of the PERFORMANCE are brought into (4) PARTS of the MIXING, but they are all addressed on a single receive channel, so all volumes are adjusted by a single slider at once, as you have discovered.

This is the key to being able to hear all (4) PARTS at once:  They are all addressed on the same MIDI channel.

You can go into EDIT from your MIX and change PART (2) to Receive Channel (2) and PART (3) to Receive Channel (3) etc., and this will allow each PART volume to be adjusted independently...but you will no longer hear all (4) of the PARTS at the same time.  By the way, you can do this up front by using Mix Job - Template Performance instead of Mix Job - Copy Performance.

The place to hear all (4) parts simultaneously Live...with independent CS control...is in PERFORMANCE Mode.

This topic...and many other related topics...were discussed rather extensively in This Thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 04:30 PM
benoit
Total Posts:  173
Joined  08-19-2009

Hello.

It is also possible to copy a voice or a performance in song/ pattern mode -mixing- job and copy ALL the effects of the desired performance/ voice. I discovered this recently and IMO is very useful if you want to add tracks to an existing voice/ performance.

All the best

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2013 @ 01:59 PM
zapper
Joined  01-16-2013

thanks cmayhle, so the mixing mode is a little bit limited comparing to performance mode in that sense.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2013 @ 02:43 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
zapper - 28 March 2013 01:59 PM

thanks cmayhle, so the mixing mode is a little bit limited comparing to performance mode in that sense.

Yes, in the individual PART Volume control with all PARTS sounding it is limited compared to PERFORMANCE Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2013 @ 03:45 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
zapper - 28 March 2013 01:59 PM

Per some posts by anotherscott, I’m pretty sure there is a way to get multiples PARTS (More than 4) sounding with individual volume CS (Like you are trying to do) by putting a MIX into MASTER Mode and using ZONES, but I have not yet had a chance to play around with it so I can’t give any direction.

Take a look at This Thread, which is in the MOX Forum but has concepts that will translate to the XS/XF.

Perhaps someone can give some additional insight into how this is accomplished.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Roland Juno 60-106.X0V
Next Topic:

Very big choir sounds ››