mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No power grand piano on es?"

Posted on: March 20, 2013 @ 03:15 PM
rikismyname
Total Posts:  58
Joined  08-18-2011

Just bought a motif es, started doing my performances and realised the piano sound is different.
I prefer the power grand piano on the motif 6 classic to the es pianos. Can someone help me either figure out how to change the sound or is there anything else I can do?

I use piano 50/50 on a gig, but the full grand piano on the es sounds a bit wimpy and fragile compared to the classic.

Any help would be appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2013 @ 07:36 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

I guess you can edit the piano to be more like your taste, but bearing in mind you need something a little “fuller” I would recommend that you simply buy a ksounds piano to add in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2013 @ 08:06 AM
rikismyname
Joined  08-18-2011

thanks for the reply.

Decided i prefer the piano on my classic.
The es piano just sounds really thin, with a bell sound added to the higher notes… not a full imo, and really can’t get into it.

So going to sell the es 6 because I use piano 50% of the time, don’t want to risk £50 on a sample pack as havn’t the money right now.
Shame as all the other sounds

Anyone want a Yamaha motif es6 for £450 collected from cambridgeshire let me know ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2013 @ 08:13 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

If you have a Classic, you can convert that Power Grand from the Classic into the ES.

I did.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2013 @ 09:01 AM
rikismyname
Joined  08-18-2011

How?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2013 @ 02:33 AM
rikismyname
Joined  08-18-2011

I have the classic here still… How do I put the Powergrand on the es?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2013 @ 06:56 AM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

Try this thread.....http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/387414/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2013 @ 08:17 AM
rikismyname
Joined  08-18-2011

So do I need an editor programme on a pc or something?
Or can I save the sounds on smart media, hen load then onto the es?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2013 @ 01:24 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It took me a minute to remember… We are going back ten years here… But everyone that purchased a Motif ES got the Power Grand and a ton more Voices on the CDROM: SOUND LIBRARY

I can remember how many people simply never were curious enough to explore that disk. Many threw it out with the box. But it was provided for those who would miss the “old” piano (there are always a few who cannot live without the previous version… :)

The data which included all kinds of cool stuff, scat vocals, power grand, etc., etc. came with your Motif ES in the box, and it was there to encourage people to expand their ES with DIMMs… You need to add Sample RAM in order to load the data included on the CDROM.

If you bought your ES used, ask the original owner for the SOUND LIBRARY disk.

If not, it may be too late though, you can call Yamaha and see if the Disk is still available… Like a knob or slider the CDROM is a “part” and can be ordered as a part. It is just that the ES has been discontinued for 6 years now.

From page 6… Of the Motif ES Owner’s Manual.................

• Sound Library for MOTIF ES6/MOTIF ES7/MOTIF ES8
This CD-ROM contains various types of data for use with the MOTIF ES. For information on the contents, refer to the List file in the CD-ROM. You can use the data by loading it in the File mode. Insert the CD-ROM into a CD-ROM drive* connected to the USB TO DEVICE connector via USB and execute the Load operation. Alternately, you can access the data from a USB storage device (such as a hard disk) or a SmartMedia card (inserted to the CARD slot) to which the data has been copied.
For details about how to load each type of data, refer to the following pages.
• Voice extension: W7V page 87
• Pattern extension: W7P page 132
• WAV file extension: WAV pages 100 and 109

* For information on what USB devices (model name, etc.) can be used with the MOTIF ES, see page 29.
Note: If you are loading audio WAV files, make sure that DIMM modules are installed to the imt. (For DIMM compatibility information, see page 289.) Also, when loading Voice data from this CD-ROM, make sure to install DIMM modules, because the Voice data contains User Waveforms. If DIMM modules are not installed, an error message appears when you try to load a WAV file or Voice data from this CD-ROM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2013 @ 03:01 AM
PeterG
Joined  01-30-2004

Yes, B_M makes a good point, I had forgotten about the CD-ROM. As well as the pianos, there are some great sounds on it. I loaded a few, and still use them on my ES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2013 @ 01:26 PM
rikismyname
Joined  08-18-2011

Previous owner hasn’t got the disc.
Is there anyone on here who could send me a copy? And ill send it back?
Or is there no si please way of loading the sounds onto a smart card on the classic, then loading them into the es sample ram that’s built in?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2013 @ 01:08 AM
PeterG
Joined  01-30-2004

As noted in the thread that Dukester indicates, you cannot simply transfer the Voices as they are different. However, you can convert them as per the instructions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2013 @ 01:23 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

It took some doing but try this thread.....http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Documents/KeyboardsDMI/Motif2MotifES_details-convert.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
rikismyname
Joined  08-18-2011

Took advice of previous poster and rang yamaha and placed order for sound library disk that cane with es6.
Should be here next week.

Do I just put it to usb then load to dimm?

Will it then show under voices and be usable in performances?

[ Ignore ]