mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "xf6 - no sound in some kits"

Posted on: March 15, 2013 @ 09:32 AM
salvosound
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-08-2013

Hello all first of all! :D
i’d like to bring your attention to the fact that on my new motif xf 6 synth some kits have no sound.
It’s strange for me that they seem precharged, since i view them on the small monitor, but they don’t sound.
How can it be?
For example one of them is the “illest hiphop kit”.
Let me know if u have some advice! ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2013 @ 09:37 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

All of the drum kits make sound!

It’s strange for me that they seem precharged, since i view them on the small monitor, but they don’t sound.

This sentence is not clear. What is “precharged”?
What is “small monitor”?

?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2013 @ 09:47 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
salvosound - 15 March 2013 09:32 AM

Hello all first of all! :D
i’d like to bring your attention to the fact that on my new motif xf 6 synth some kits have no sound.
How can it be?
For example one of them is the “illest hiphop kit”.
Let me know if u have some advice! ;)

That Kit is in a USER DR location, which means it could easily have been deleted or modified by someone.

You can do a Factory Set, which is Resetting the User Memory.  See page 18 of the XF Owner’s Manual.  That will re-LOAD all of the Factory USER Data, which includes this Kit.

Be SURE to do a USB thumbdrive backup to SAVE all of your existing USER Data (Assumming you have some.  You did say this is a new machine, and you may not!)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2013 @ 09:56 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

thank you cmathye i bought the xf6 wih the 10th annyversary pack included so i dunnow if the seller, installing the additional 1gb flash memory and the additional sounds included in the pack, has deleted something..
anyway it’s new yeah, i’ve not any sound saved but i should lose all the files of the 10th ann. pack if i reset?

i would thank you also if u tell me the way to check out the memory of my system, not the sequencer mem, which is 1024kb, but the full memory and free memory of the keyboard.
in the manual i found only how to check the sequencer memory..
thank you for your attention

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2013 @ 10:02 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
salvosound - 15 March 2013 09:56 AM

thank you cmathye i bought the xf6 wih the 10th annyversary pack included so i dunnow if the seller, installing the additional 1gb flash memory and the additional sounds included in the pack, has deleted something..
anyway it’s new yeah, i’ve not any sound saved but i should lose all the files of the 10th ann. pack if i reset?

i would thank you also if u tell me the way to check out the memory of my system, not the sequencer mem, which is 1024kb, but the full memory and free memory of the keyboard.
in the manual i found only how to check the sequencer memory..
thank you for your attention

Doing a Factory Set will not affect the FLASH Memory board(s).

See your other post for checking FLASH Memory installed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2013 @ 10:19 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 15 March 2013 10:02 AM

Doing a Factory Set will not affect the FLASH Memory board(s). [...]

Correct, contrary to what’s stated on page 231 of the XF Reference Manual. Speaking of that page, it explains how to do a partial Factory Set that only restores the unique User material in USR1 and UDR A01-A08.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2013 @ 07:57 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

thank you guys! i did the factory reset and now all the kit sound, thats good :D
I dont know why they cancelled some of them, anyway its ok now for me :D

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sample Memory Full in XS
Next Topic:

checking full and free memory of the synth ››