mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please help the idiot program a Leslie pedal."

Posted on: March 12, 2013 @ 12:04 AM
kcnotek
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-15-2013

Hi kids, me again. Simple problem, but not understanding how to program it.

Mine is an old fashioned Mo Rack, no extra boards. PRE1:057 Or:Slow Jam is a beautiful organ voice for Boston’s Foreplay/Long Time. The Leslie/rotating speaker effect for it is over on the mod wheel of my Axiom 61. Since both hands are flailing away at the Tom Scholtz organ and clav parts, I’d like to assign the rotating speaker effect to an extra M-Audio SP-2 sustain pedal I have, currently plugged into the Axiom’s “Expr” pedal in. I have a sustain pedal plugged in already. The SP-2 is switchable between on/off & off/on. I’ve read about CtrlAsn and Voice in Utility, but my efforts are having no effect. The “Expr” pedal mutes the output, and that’s it, no matter what I change in Utility. The extra SP-2 pedal tests good as a sustain pedal. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2013 @ 02:21 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, this will not work. We do not do support on M-audio products here but our guess is “Expr” stands for Expression Pedal In - which means that jack has a dedicated function musical Expression - which will always control VOLUME. No foot on the pedal = 0 or 127 and foot on the pedal = 127 or 0 (depending on the polarity of the foot switch)

that’s probably all you get. Contact the manufacturer and see if you have any other options.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2013 @ 06:11 AM
kcnotek
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-15-2013

Thanks for the answer, Mr. Mister. Great name for a band. Guessing you might have heard that one before.

Actually, I’m not bound to the M-Audio SP-2 product; I just use it as a damper pedal for several different keyboards and controllers. It has a good foot feel. I am willing & able to obtain a Yamaha foot or expression pedal, if necessary. I guess I should restate my question:

Using a fairly standard MIDI controller (like an Axiom 61), is there a method of programming the Mo Rack to accept a MIDI change, from a pedal (on/off or expression) instead of a mod wheel, to affect the rotary speaker setting? Like I previously stated, I’m just trying to move the mod wheel function down to my feet. Thanks again, and good luck to all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2013 @ 03:37 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We do not do support on M-audio products here - but all you need to do is set the controller to send cc001, all values above 64 will Switch the Rotary Speed, all values below 63 will switch it back.

Can you send cc001 from your controller? That is the question you want to ask when you contact M-AUDIO: how do you send cc001 with a control other than the mod wheel.

Your other choice is to EDIT every Motif Rack organ to whatever control you can send:
(but do not use:
064 sustain - this is already in use
011 expression - this is already in use
007 volume - this is already in use

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Delay times changings in Multi Mode
Next Topic:

SQ01 v2.0 ››