mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Program Change to Melas Total Librarian"

Posted on: March 10, 2013 @ 10:47 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Can anyone tell me if there is a way...and if so how...to send a program change from the XF to the John Melas Total Librarian, for the purpose of advancing through VOICES while auditioning?

I am connected between the XF and computer via USB MIDI.

If I have opened a Native XF (library) file in Total Librarian, I would like to Audition VOICES by advancing them (1) at a time (from the current BANK open in T. Librarian) into the XF Edit Buffer… using a controller command of some type from the XF rather than having to go physically to the computer to LOAD each VOICE into the Edit Buffer one-by-one.

For example, I have an FC5 foot switch.  Could I use this to advance these VOICES, plugged into the FS2 jack...and properly assigned?  If so, how to set it up?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2013 @ 02:02 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

I posed this question to John as well as the Forum, and received a response from him, which I am including here:

“Unfortunately there is no such feature in Total Librarian.
But it sounds like an interesting idea. So you want to be able to send to Total Librarian a controller change command (ie FC5) and have TL respond by selecting the next Voice AND transmit it to the Edit Buffer.

It really makes sense! I will consider it for the next update coming in a month!

Best regards
John Melas”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2013 @ 03:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Sounds good, cmayhle. What happens when the Voice is based on a sample that’s not as yet resident in the XF? I assume this already is resolved, since the choice to send a Voice to the Edit Buffer can be manually selected at the computer even now. However, I’d like to know how it’s handled, anyway. (I don’t own the Melas software, and the demo has that aspect disabled.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2013 @ 03:59 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
5pinDIN - 11 March 2013 03:24 PM

Sounds good, cmayhle. What happens when the Voice is based on a sample that’s not as yet resident in the XF? I assume this already is resolved, since the choice to send a Voice to the Edit Buffer can be manually selected at the computer even now. However, I’d like to know how it’s handled, anyway. (I don’t own the Melas software, and the demo has that aspect disabled.)

Any samples required for VOICES must still be LOADED, and this would not change with regard to sending a MIDI command to T.L. from the XF as outlined.  I don’t believe the Melas software deals with Sample data LOADING at all.  At least I don’t have knowledge of it, the only way to LOAD samples I know of is directly via USB drive or network.  As you know, once Samples are LOADED the Melas tools have very good capabilities to track and maintain relationships with VOICES that use them.

Since most new-sample based libraries for the XF are setup to deliver Sample data to the USER SDRAM...either in it’s entirety or in manageable blocks based on USER memory capacity...that is where I let it go when auditioning VOICES (As opposed to installing this data in FLASH memory) so that is where the VOICES being auditioned would look for and find them.

Since I really do not care to LOAD new VOICES into my USER BANKS in order to audition them, if possible, any tools that let me accomplish this without doing that is of interest to me!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2013 @ 04:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 11 March 2013 03:59 PM

Any samples required for VOICES must still be LOADED,[...]

Since most new-sample based libraries for the XF are setup to deliver Sample data to the USER SDRAM...either in it’s entirety or in manageable blocks based on USER memory capacity...that is where I let it go when auditioning VOICES (As opposed to installing this data in FLASH memory) so that is where the VOICES being auditioned would look for and find them.

OK, thanks.

cmayhle -

Since I really do not care to LOAD new VOICES into my USER BANKS in order to audition them, if possible, any tools that let me accomplish this without doing that is of interest to me!

That’s my goal also. Unfortunately, apparently either that doesn’t interest Yamaha, or the request was never conveyed to them:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/461496/

[ Ignore ]