mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Of constructs and fog by Vikki."

Posted on: March 07, 2013 @ 05:54 PM
Vikki
Total Posts:  76
Joined  03-04-2013

Inspired by Heather Albano’s book ‘Timepiece’. This is a musical (soundscape) representation of Elizabeth’s and Katharine’s walk through a steampunk London drenched in fog. Ends after Rachel Temple killed and the two women running up to the point of the steam train.

My first composition in 8 years. Basically, it’s an alternative 1885 and it’s London. The constructs are 20’ tall steam powered ‘robots’ that have three crew: a driver, a stoker and a gunner. One arm terminates in a Gatling gun and the other a canon. Rachel Temple is cornered by one and is to be arrested. She tries to escape and is shot. Elizabeth and Katherine, hiding in shadows, have a terse discussion and leg it. The constructs are too big for the alley so use parallel roads to track them. They do escape but not before Elizabeth is scared spitless by a steam locomotive (coming from the past [1815] she’s never seen one before).

They make good their escape.

Well, I hope that made some sense. For better or worse here it is.

The author of the book asked for her own copy of the song.

Vikki.

File Attachments
Of constructs and fog.mp3  (File Size: 3190KB - Downloads: 359)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2013 @ 11:04 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Now that’s wicked nice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2013 @ 04:07 PM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Hi Viki (Anise)?

Very nice. You even do not need a video clip to see what happens. The music tells the whole story. I love it, but to give it some extra drama I should add some reverb to give it more volume and space.

Still a very nice job.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2013 @ 04:22 PM
Vikki
Total Posts:  76
Joined  03-04-2013

Thanks guys :o)

I did a post saying I was dumping my Anise tag (oops, it was buried in another post), been many years since I last used it. I don’t mind starting my post count again.

Funny about the reverb, I put some in via my mixer but evidently not enough. That’s good to know. As I wasn’t sure whether I’d put enough in or not.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Soul cover by ROx
Next Topic:

BossaJan by JB ››