mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "As a Beginner who wants to record…."

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 11:33 AM
SureJamm
Total Posts:  44
Joined  06-29-2006

I have an MO6,w/HP Pavillion g series (500G) laptop and would like to start recording. What’s the best software and hardware that is Keyboard friendly for a beginner that would I need to connect my Keyboard to my PC (ie.Audio interface,recording software). What type of cord or attachment would I need to attach board to MO6 with L/R stereo inputs? I tried the BR900CD,seems to be geared more for Guitars than Keyboard! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Just trying to learn!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 12:00 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Just like a device “seems to be geared more for” one thing or another, you will find the world of recording to the computer full of things that seem to more geared toward one thing or another.

First, you have determine what you expect to get from setting up a recording situation with a computer. You can do everything from very simple recording to very complex things like Multi-tracking, Overdubbing, processing, Editing, mixing down, etc. based on individual track recordings.

Saying you want to record to a computer is like saying I want to write music… The answers can only be very general because you have just vaguely pointed in a direction. The more specific you can tell us about our goals, the better the information and recommendations.

Are you, for example, interested in recording like you would with a simple open mic in the room? Just a stereo documentation of your music.
Are you interested in music production where multiTracking audio is apart of the equation? Adding additional instruments, musicians, and vocals, perhaps…
Are you interested in just MIDI sequencing on the computer? Using its editing, scoring, and composing tools?
Etc.

What you need to buy, if anything, will depend on what you’re dreaming about or envisioning doing with your MO6 and a computer. Give us an idea of what you’re thinking about when you say “recording”.

[ Ignore ]