mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Zildjian Digital Vault Z-Pack Question"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 09:15 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012

Hi all, I got the 2 CD “Zildjian Digital Vault Acoustic Cymbal Samples” pack with my 10 yr anniversary box.  After reading the box/manuals I’m confused.

I use my XF7 as a stand-alone synth/sequencer and do not connect it to a computer for anything.  Can my setup use this Zildjian Z-Pack for anything useful?  I’m hoping I can copy individual Zildjian cymbal waves from this software onto USB stick and transfer them to my flash memory board to integrate into XF7 drum kits...is this possible?  Has anyone written a step-by-step instruction to accomplish this?

Sorry if this question is totally “Duh” but I have no experience with the VST world.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 10:20 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
Mutiny in Jonestown - 28 February 2013 09:15 PM

Hi all, I got the 2 CD “Zildjian Digital Vault Acoustic Cymbal Samples” pack with my 10 yr anniversary box.  After reading the box/manuals I’m confused.

I use my XF7 as a stand-alone synth/sequencer and do not connect it to a computer for anything.  Can my setup use this Zildjian Z-Pack for anything useful?  I’m hoping I can copy individual Zildjian cymbal waves from this software onto USB stick and transfer them to my flash memory board to integrate into XF7 drum kits...is this possible?  Has anyone written a step-by-step instruction to accomplish this?

Sorry if this question is totally “Duh” but I have no experience with the VST world.

Thanks!

No, you can’t use the Zildjian Digial Vault cymbals with your XF7. They only work in a software host on your computer - specifically, BFD Eco($99) or BFD2 ($199) ( which are available from fxPansion:

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=103

BFD Eco and BFD2 work as either standalone virtual instruments on a PC, or as a “plug-in” VST or AU in a DAW (Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, etc.). The cymbal pack has to be loaded to BFD Eco - once, and from then on BFD Eco will always “find it” whenever it is launched.

If you’re wondering why something that seems “useless” would be included
in your anniversary package, bear in mind that most people use a DAW for
music production, and many of them already own BFD2 or BFD Eco, so for
those users the Zildjian Digital Vault is a valuable “freebie”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 11:12 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Joined  02-13-2012

Thanks Dave, I had a feeling that was the case.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 11:22 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Joined  02-13-2012

So now I have this 2 CD Zildjian Z-Pack software box with absolutely no use for it.  If anyone out there would like it, I’d be happy to mail it to you if you throw me $5 bucks to cover shipping and my time.  PM me if you’re interested and I’ll give you my paypal address.  After someone replies I’ll let people know it’s been claimed in this thread…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 11:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Although I haven’t installed mine yet, as far as I know there’s no need to purchase BFD Eco, since a custom version of it is apparently included with the Gen 16 Digital Vault Z-Pack that comes with the 10th Anniversary Pack.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 11:53 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
5pinDIN - 28 February 2013 11:28 PM

Although I haven’t installed mine yet, as far as I know there’s no need to purchase BFD Eco, since a custom version of it is apparently included with the Gen 16 Digital Vault Z-Pack that comes with the 10th Anniversary Pack.

Ah, yes, forgot about that - 5pinDIN is correct. The pack does come with
a custom version of BFD Eco. So you won’t have to spend additional money to use the cymbals.

However, you will still need to run it on your computer, it is not compatible with the XF itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2013 @ 11:54 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mutiny in Jonestown - 28 February 2013 11:22 PM

So now I have this 2 CD Zildjian Z-Pack software box with absolutely no use for it.  If anyone out there would like it, I’d be happy to mail it to you if you throw me $5 bucks to cover shipping and my time.  PM me if you’re interested and I’ll give you my paypal address.  After someone replies I’ll let people know it’s been claimed in this thread…

You might want to hold off on that offer until you investigate a bit further.

I did some online research, and found:
http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1104.0
Excerpt from the above link…
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 11:16:25 AM »
As for the digital vault, I see that more from the producer’s chair - for recording and drum/cymbal replacement (although I would love to have some of those sounds in my edrum arsenal). I wish they had just the samples - looks like it comes with BFD ECO.

They come with BFD Eco, that’s right, but they are .wav single-shot files so you could use them with other sample software.
-----------------------------------------------------------

If that’s accurate, the WAV files could be used on your XF.

Some more info:
http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/zildjian-gen16-digital-vault-cymbal-samples-now-shipping-277487

http://gen-16.com/Support/FAQs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 12:13 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Some further insight:
http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1185.0

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 10:25 AM
piano39
Total Posts:  42
Joined  02-13-2010

I loaded the “Digital Vault” cymbals in my PC the other day. The download/ registration possible worked like a snap (unlike the Steinberg stuff that shipped with the 10th anniversary pack).  It does come with the ECO player.  It works fine in Sonar and the cymbals sound great.

The problem is that there are only cymbals in the set- you need bass/snare/toms etc to get a full drum kit sound, So.....
The package also contained a free download link for a Yamaha drum set.

Here’s why I hate computers- got the download to work, installation on the drum kit was buggy- lots of error messages.  The drum kit is visible in the ECO software, but the drums are “Grayed out”.  Can’t access them.  Spent a few hours trying to fix this and gave up.

Anyone have a fix?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 02:57 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
piano39 - 01 March 2013 10:25 AM

I loaded the “Digital Vault” cymbals in my PC the other day. The download/ registration possible worked like a snap (unlike the Steinberg stuff that shipped with the 10th anniversary pack).  It does come with the ECO player.  It works fine in Sonar and the cymbals sound great.

The problem is that there are only cymbals in the set- you need bass/snare/toms etc to get a full drum kit sound, So.....

Here’s why I hate computers- got the download to work, installation on the drum kit was buggy- lots of error messages.  The drum kit is visible in the ECO software, but the drums are “Grayed out”.  Can’t access them.  Spent a few hours trying to fix this and gave up.

Anyone have a fix?

Yes, the fix is that you have to purchase drumkits from fxPansion to
load into BFD Eco. The drum icons are greyed out because there are no
sounds for those slots.

There are many “expansion packs” available for BFD and BFD Eco at
fxPansion’s website.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 04:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

[...]Here’s why I hate computers- got the download to work, installation on the drum kit was buggy- lots of error messages.  The drum kit is visible in the ECO software, but the drums are “Grayed out”.  Can’t access them.  Spent a few hours trying to fix this and gave up.

Anyone have a fix?

There’s a forum for BFD Eco which might help:
http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 04:45 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Some more information concerning the WAV files:
http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7578325

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 05:43 PM
piano39
Joined  02-13-2010
DavePolich - 01 March 2013 02:57 PM

Anyone have a fix?

sounds for those slots.

fxPansion’s website.

The card that Yamaha gave me with the 10th anniversary pack says “Get your FREE Maple Custom Absolute expansion kit here” and gives a serial number.  It allowed me to download 300 + MB of stuff to my hard drive. It allows me to authorize this kit on their website.  Do you mean to tell me that I have to buy an expansion kit to make this work?????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 10:13 PM
DavePolich
Joined  07-27-2002
piano39 - 01 March 2013 05:43 PM

Anyone have a fix?

sounds for those slots.

fxPansion’s website.

The card that Yamaha gave me with the 10th anniversary pack says “Get your FREE Maple Custom Absolute expansion kit here” and gives a serial number.  It allowed me to download 300 + MB of stuff to my hard drive. It allows me to authorize this kit on their website.  Do you mean to tell me that I have to buy an expansion kit to make this work?????

Ok, first of all, I’m not familiar with the 10th Anniversary pack’s specific contents, as I don’t have it, and I’m not a Yamaha rep.

IF the Maple Custom Absolute expansion kit is an fXPansion product which you downloaded from fxPansion’s website, then yes it requires a HOST on your computer to run it - either BFD Eco, or BFD2.

If it is a Motif format drumkit, then no, it should load to your Motif XF, provided you have installed a flashboard (512MB to 1 GB) on your Motif XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 12:59 PM
piano39
Joined  02-13-2010
DavePolich - 01 March 2013 10:13 PM
piano39 - 01 March 2013 05:43 PM

Anyone have a fix?

sounds for those slots.

fxPansion’s website.

Ok, first of all, I’m not familiar with the 10th Anniversary pack’s specific contents, as I don’t have it, and I’m not a Yamaha rep.

IF the Maple Custom Absolute expansion kit is an fXPansion product which you downloaded from fxPansion’s website, then yes it requires a HOST on your computer to run it - either BFD Eco, or BFD2.

If it is a Motif format drumkit, then no, it should load to your Motif XF, provided you have installed a flashboard (512MB to 1 GB) on your Motif XF.

The digital vault DVD includes the ECO host.  The cymbals play fine.  The Maple Custom Absolute drum kit is an fxpansion product, which is downloaded and registered at their website.  The files have the same extensions, etc as the cymbal sets.  They are definitely not Motif files.

I poked around on fxpansion’s forum and tried a few things there.  No luck yet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 02:40 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
piano39 - 02 March 2013 12:59 PM

[...] I poked around on fxpansion’s forum and tried a few things there.  No luck yet.

I believe that an owner of a Gen16 product can register there. Perhaps you could join the forum and ask a direct question.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ NO SOUND OUT OF HEADPHONE OUTPUT ON MOTIF XF
Next Topic:

Changing song tracks in master mode ››