mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Variety of performance sounds?"

Posted on: February 26, 2013 @ 11:27 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

How is the variety of user performances on the s70xs? I am not a jazz musician and would be disappointed if a large majority of user performances were geared towards playing organ and clav leads along with the user performances. I am more of a dance/trance muso. Is this keyboard up to the task?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 26, 2013 @ 11:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

All of the PERFORMANCES are in USER memory - I know this does not mean anything to you yet, as you don’t own one. But what it means is the data that occupies the 512 PERFORMANCE memories is just suggestions - you can customize one or all of them. If there are not enough of one type, make your own. If there are too many of one type change them.

Remember VOICES are primary thing. PERFORMANCES are just a combination of VOICES.

Say you are in VOICE mode and discover your favorite piano Voice, then later you discover a string orchestra sound you like. You could create a PERFORMANCE with your favorite Piano and your favorite string orchestra Voices - you could replace the piano/string orchestra PERFORMANCE that is already in memory - because undoubtedly you will like yours better than the one that programmers made to show you how they are made.

And that is how you should look at all 512 PERFORMANCES as instructional programs you can learn from, tweak, change entirely to your liking. (If I recall correctly - there are PERFORMANCES in USER 1, 2 and 3, (384) and USER 4 is just Initialized Performances (128)).

Sounds like your question is daring the keyboard to be something you don’t like, sorry, that is not going to work, because all PERFORMANCES are in USER memory and can therefore be changed - and in fact SHOULD BE changed by the owner… it is YOUR keyboard!!!

[ Ignore ]