mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No audio playback Studio One Instrument Track"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: May 20, 2013 @ 11:09 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

1)Is the general usage to fire up the MOX Editor in “Song” mode and then assign individual Studio One “instrument” tracks to address each channel?

In general use, you want to use either SONG or PATTERN mode as these are the Multi-timbral, Multi-MIDI channeled modes of the MOX, and are expressly for use with a sequencer, be it the internal or an external sequencer.

2) When I sync the MOX editor VST, should the direction be from the computer to the keyboard or vice versa?

Yes. One way or the other. It is your choice. I recommend that you leave so data goes from the computer to the synth… Reason: when you open a Project that is what you will want to do… Restore the settings saved in the project and send them to the MOX.

Besides if you ever need the other direction: Click BULK and select DATA SYNC ... select RECEIVE… This is the preferred way to grab data from the MOX and receive it in the computer.

Note that you can choose to receive all the User bank Voices… This way you can also store all potential Voices you might want to change to, as well.

3) If I’m using the VST plugin, then I don’t really need to store any mixing data on the MOX, right?  It will store it in the VST and re-load it whenever it syncs?

And that’s why I recommend the direction I do above.

4) I noticed that if the MOX is in “song” mode, the name of the song doesn’t appear in the plugin.  Likewise, the plugin doesn’t give you an option of a location to store the mixing.  So if I ever wanted to store the mixing to the MOX, I’d basically have to go to an empty song on the MOX, name it, then load the MOX editor file and then store the mixing, right?

no, the name of the song would be redundant as the name of the Editor file (if you archive it separately) would be the Song title, and if you store the project, obviously the MOX data would be the data for that Project.

You only need the name if you plan to backup the MIXING data internally in your MOX… Simply name one of the empty Song (64) or Pattern (64) locations… But since the MOX EDITOR VST will memorize all your settings including all your User Voices, Mixing Voices, and parameter settings, it really is not necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2013 @ 01:19 PM
rlared
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-19-2013

Thanks Bad Mister, that clears it up.  By the way I bought your video on the MOX and it’s very good.  Are you planning on releasing an “intermediate” level video?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2013 @ 03:48 PM
Andy M
Total Posts:  75
Joined  10-16-2012

BM beat me to it again.

One other thing: it’s a good idea to use a blank MOX song (or pattern) when sequencing with Studio One (or any DAW).  That way you can send MIDI clock from the DAW to the MOX and make use of MOX arpeggios and other MIDI sync features.

If you don’t use a blank MOX song, it will happily play along with your Studio One project, which may not be desirable.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 21, 2013 @ 12:25 AM
rlared
Total Posts:  26
Joined  01-19-2013

Thanks Andy, I’ll have to read about MIDI clock settings.  I’m still relatively amateur with MIDI but I do want the MOX tempo to be driven by the DAW, so that is something worth looking into.  In fact, I still need to practice a lot with the arpeggios, I haven’t worked with them much yet.  From listening to some of the preloaded performances on the MOX, I can tell that they’re extremely powerful when placed in the right hands!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2