mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6/MOX8 Remote Tools V1.1.3 for Windows"

Posted on: February 22, 2013 @ 03:01 AM
pgirsan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-21-2010

Hi Friends,

This is regarding MOX6/MOX8 Remote Tools V1.1.3 for Windows, which consists of MOX6/MOX8 Remote Editor V1.1.3 and - MOX6/MOX8 Extension V1.1.3.

It is informed on the MOX download site that, this version 1.1.3 supports only Cubase 6 and 7 series and is non compliant to Cubase 5 series.I am quoting the same as given in the sites:--
“ Main Revisions and Enhancements

MOX6/MOX8 Remote Editor, MOX6/MOX8 Extension V1.1.2 -> V1.1.3
- Now supports Cubase 7 series programs.
- Now Cubase 5 series programs are non-compliant.”

I was given Cubase AI5 with my MOX6.I understand that the recent MOX buyers get Cubase AI6.

So how do I solve this problem? I can not imagine MOX with out Remote editor as that is one of its strengths, namely the hardware/software integration.

Anybody in the forum or MR Bad Mister!, Can you please help resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

I use MOX6/ Cubase AI5 in Windows 7 Home Premium.

Regards
Pgirsan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2013 @ 05:13 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

The solution is easy.

Use MOX6/MOX8 Remote Tools 1.1.1
If you still have Cubase AI5, it is telling you NOT to update to version 1.1.3

If you are not using Cubase 6 or Cubase 7 do NOT update your Remote Editor… That should be obvious. If it is not let me be clear, the new version is for people who have Cubase series 6, and 7, YOU DO NOT, therefore this update is NOT FOR YOU.

Hope that is clear and easy enough… Do nothing you will be fine.

The free (AI) version of Cubase was provided in the hope that you would (at least by now) purchase the full commercial version… It was a freebie, to entice you into buying the full version (is that promotion not clear?)

Cubase 7: Where even more features and benefits await the Yamaha synthesizer user! You could always purchase Cubase 7, then the Remote Editor v1.1.3 would be relevant to you. But if you stay with series 5, you will find that from now on updates will not concern you, necessarily.

Look into Steinberg upgrade offers… Usually there are promotions that allow to buy the full version at a huge savings when you upgrade from an AI version.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2013 @ 08:38 AM
pgirsan
Joined  01-21-2010

Thanks Mr BadMister! for a quicker response!

Of course I can continue for the time being with cubase AI5 until I get a chance to get an upgraded version.

I understand what you say. But the relevant Remote Editor 1.1.1 should be available for Cubase 5 users on the download site when they have one for Mac users.I did not have the back up. So how can I get that version 1.1.1.

Appreciate if you could point out to me from where I can download 1.1.1.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards
PGirsan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2013 @ 11:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you did not download it initially when you purchased your MOX product, you may need to contact your regional Yamaha distributor. Of course the original REMOTE TOOLS can be found here on Motifator and you can use this until you decide to upgrade your Cubase.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/softwareupdates/P5/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2013 @ 11:26 AM
pgirsan
Joined  01-21-2010

Thank You Very much BAD_Mister!

Appreciate your help!!!

Regards
Pgirsan

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic: