mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can you record a performance you like directly to song mode on s70xs like you can on the mox?"

Posted on: February 20, 2013 @ 06:05 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Can you record a performance’s program data and effects directly to song mode on the s90/70xs like you can on the mox? I am aware you can record the audio to usb. Does it even have song mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2013 @ 11:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

We moved your post here to the S90 Forum heading, as the Motif XS seemed totally inappropriate.

The S-series instruments do not have a built-in recording sequencer (so there is no Song mode, exactly). The S90 XS can stream (playback) .MID and .WAV files direct for either a USB stick or from internal memory.

The S90 XS is the equivalent of the Motif XS minus the INTEGRATED SAMPLING SEQUENCER (no on-board sampling, no on-board sequence recording)

If you want all the power of the Motif XS but do not need the on-board sequencer or the sampling (because perhaps you do that with your computer; or you simply are not so inclined), the S90 XS is a significant savings in price over the XS8.

BTW, I should mention that the Motif XS was discontinued in 2010 when the Motif XF came out.
Where does the MOX sit in all of this… The MOX8 has the same Voice architecture as the Motif XS, and S90 XS but it has half the polyphony. It has the same recording sequencer as the Motif-series with both Pattern and Song modes, but does not sample. And does not have the same number of simultaneously available Insertion Effects. 3 Parts vs. 8 Parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2013 @ 05:24 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Thankyou. I’m still yearning for the perfect synth, which is the motif xf6 with weighted keys. To tell the truth, I’d even be satisfied with a mox 6 or 7 with weighted keys.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90XS vs MOX8
Next Topic:

Creating Performance "On the Fly" ››