mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Play Midi from Logic 9 to XF8 HELP ME"

Posted on: February 11, 2013 @ 06:32 PM
applemotif
Total Posts:  15
Joined  09-20-2010

I need some help on how to play a midi file from LOGIC to my motif I have a usb cable or Midi to usb cable as well, I try several things but nothing seems to wrk please help me out ASAP

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2013 @ 08:37 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you connect the Motif XF8 to your computer via a USB cable, you will need to download, read the Installation Guide, then install the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver for your computer’s Operating System

http://download.yamaha.com

Select your country
Enter your Product Name: Motif XF8
When the Search Results appear confirm: Motif XF8

Find the USB-MIDI Driver that best suits your computer OS

In your Motif XF
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF2] MIDI
Set MIDI IN/OUT = USB

Place the instrument in SONG mode
Select an empty location
Load the file into Logic and set it to output to the “Yamaha Motif XF8-1 (Port 1)”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2013 @ 12:35 AM
applemotif
Joined  09-20-2010
Bad_Mister - 11 February 2013 08:37 PM

If you connect the Motif XF8 to your computer via a USB cable, you will need to download, read the Installation Guide, then install the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver for your computer’s Operating System

http://download.yamaha.com

Select your country
Enter your Product Name: Motif XF8
When the Search Results appear confirm: Motif XF8

Find the USB-MIDI Driver that best suits your computer OS

In your Motif XF
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF2] MIDI
Set MIDI IN/OUT = USB

Place the instrument in SONG mode
Select an empty location
Load the file into Logic and set it to output to the “Yamaha Motif XF8-1 (Port 1)”

I will try when I get home, I do have one more question I’m going to load several midis to my motif and edit some voices with the voices of my motif, now how can I save those changes?? To make sure that every time I turn my board on will be like last time

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2013 @ 12:57 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I will try when I get home, I do have one more question I’m going to load several midis to my motif and edit some voices with the voices of my motif, now how can I save those changes?? To make sure that every time I turn my board on will be like last time

What is “several midis”?

But every time you EDIT some VOICES on the Motif XF, you should press [STORE] before leaving that VOICE - you can store you edits to the instruments internal FLASH ROM. Same is true with the MIXING setup and any data recorded to the SEQUENCER… Press [STORE] to write the changes to internal ROM. When you turn your instrument on it will always be exactly as it was when you turned it off (at least all the STORED data will return) except for an AUDIO data contained on the instruments 128MB of SDRAM. This memory must be backed up to a USB drive prior to power down.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2013 @ 01:13 AM
applemotif
Joined  09-20-2010
Bad_Mister - 12 February 2013 12:57 AM

What is “several midis”?

But every time you EDIT some VOICES on the Motif XF, you should press [STORE] before leaving that VOICE - you can store you edits to the instruments internal FLASH ROM. Same is true with the MIXING setup and any data recorded to the SEQUENCER… Press [STORE] to write the changes to internal ROM. When you turn your instrument on it will always be exactly as it was when you turned it off (at least all the STORED data will return) except for an AUDIO data contained on the instruments 128MB of SDRAM. This memory must be backed up to a USB drive prior to power down.

I will probably load about 40 midi files, and probably change the drums with the voice from the motif, now lest say that my midi is 5k after I change the voice how big my file will be??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2013 @ 02:14 AM
applemotif
Joined  09-20-2010
applemotif - 12 February 2013 01:13 AM
Bad_Mister - 12 February 2013 12:57 AM

What is “several midis”?

I will probably load about 40 midi files, and probably change the drums with the voice from the motif, now lest say that my midi is 5k after I change the voice how big my file will be??

Ok just try what you told me but is not working I can see the fie playing on logic and actually see the midi out on bottom of logic running but still nothing moving out of my motif

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Logic 9 and mox8 midi
Next Topic:

Local control off note C1 volume cc issue ››