mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha iPad apps and the new MX"

Posted on: January 31, 2013 @ 09:55 PM
Moondogg
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-31-2013

Hello good people,

Am considering buying into Yamaha with a new MX49. Could anyone tell me if those great iPad apps, voice/performance editors, work with the MX range? If not, are there any plans to extend compatibility to these new babies?

Have been thinking about a Mox61 otherwise, but this might swing it for me.

Love the mp3 playback from USB and 128 note poly, though. Perhaps not the 1991 vintage LCD.

Thanks y’all!

Moon

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 01, 2013 @ 01:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The VOICE EDITOR ESSENTIAL -is specifically for the Motif XF, S90 XS/S70 XS, MOX6/MOX8, Motif XS, and Motif-Rack XS.

The PERFORMANCE ESSENTIAL EDITOR - is specifically for the Motif XF, S90 XS/S70 XS, MOX6/MOX8, and Motif XS

The MULTI EDITOR ESSENTIAL - is specifically for the Motif XF, S90 XS/S70 XS, MOX6/MOX8, Motif XS and Motif-Rack XS.

The others are for anything MIDI:
FADERS & XY PAD
KEYBOARD ARP & DRUM PAD (trigger out via MIDI)

SYNTH ARP & DRUM PAD (has its own tone engine + triggers out via MIDI)
MOBILE MIDI SEQUENCER (has its own tone engine) and had a setup to send Bank/Program Change to MX, as well as the ability to Export data for the Motif XS/XF, MOX, S90 XS/S70 XS

And just so the facts are straight. The MX can read .MID files and .WAV files direct from USB.  MIDI files will use the MX clock so Rythym Patterns, Arpeggios, and Tempo driven effects will synchronize. Audio files play while you have access to your 16 Part Performance.

Additionally, you can playback audio through the MX’s Audio In jack. So the only way it deals with mp3 data would be if you connect an mp3 playback device to this 1/8 inch stereo Mini jack input. This facilitates playing along with an external playback device with a need for additional channels on your mixer or sound system.

Can’t really talk about future plans. But the MX is brand spanking new, and represents a price point breakthrough. Many owners of the MOX and Motif series don’t necessarily see this but, for those with a smaller budget, and less powerful computers the MX. Represents a serious price point coup. 

The whole mobile thing is also a breakthrough, armed with an iPad, the Mobile Sequencer app, an MX and a pair of those new HPH-MT220 headphones… I’m traveling light and powerful. There is even a “back pack” soft bag.

Add the MX and a pair of HS50 speakers to a modest laptop and you have the beginnings of a serious music production studio. I think it is safe to say you will see no shortage of things coming for the new MX49/61.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2013 @ 09:28 AM
Moondogg
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-31-2013

Thank you for the very thorough reply. I pushed the button on the MX49. Very excited.

Can you tell me if there is any way to edit at the element level with the MX either on a Mac editor or an iPad? The Mac editor for the Motif/Mox seems very impressive, are there any plans to bring this to the MX?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2013 @ 03:49 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

It would be interesting if John Melas developed some type of performance editor.  Since there isn’t a full screen category search on the MX, being able to move and organize to individual tastes would be cool IMHO.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2013 @ 12:37 PM
Vizzle
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-25-2012
Moondogg - 03 February 2013 09:28 AM

Thank you for the very thorough reply. I pushed the button on the MX49. Very excited.

Can you tell me if there is any way to edit at the element level with the MX either on a Mac editor or an iPad? The Mac editor for the Motif/Mox seems very impressive, are there any plans to bring this to the MX?

Check out the VycroMX editor.  VycroMX

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2013 @ 09:56 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Great timing !

This was released on April 30.

A combo,tee suite of John Melas tools for the MX including 8 element voice editing, performance editing and the ability to import Motif XS, MOX and other voice formats.  Cool stuff !

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2013 @ 06:59 PM
Ben P
Total Posts:  26
Joined  04-20-2013
Yamaha_US - 01 May 2013 09:56 PM

Great timing !

This was released on April 30.

A combo,tee suite of John Melas tools for the MX including 8 element voice editing, performance editing and the ability to import Motif XS, MOX and other voice formats.  Cool stuff !

http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php

WOW !!!
Now we are talking. We have a serious editing tool.
Well worth the money.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2013 @ 09:05 PM
Ben P
Total Posts:  26
Joined  04-20-2013

I am just astounded at the amount of details in that program...I ordered the bundle with the voice editor and librarian.
How many parameters can be changed. I once dreamed of the perfect string ensemble and I figured you would have to incorporate delays in the voices so it would be more natural. That feature is there, I just finished a string ensemble that is unbelievable.

The tool has already proven useful thank to John Melas for programming this beauty ! Now I can do almost anything with my MX49.

[ Ignore ]