mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES Performances on XF"

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Hi guys, Happy New Year!!!

Well I guess my life must be pretty boring if all I have to do on New Years Eve is to ask a MOTIF Forum some questions, but heh, that’s what are friends for!

A friend of mine has a MOTIF ES and I’m helping him write two songs.

He’s using (2) Performances on his keyboard that I can’t seem to find on my XF.

On the first song he’s using Performance 66 (that is named Wah Wow!), and on the other song he’s using Performance 69 (that is named WurlyRetro).

So my questions are:

1) Do any of you know if the XF has the same Performances, but they’re just called different names?

2) If not, how would you/I recreate the same ES Performances on the XF?

Thanks !!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 04:53 AM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Happy New Year, Jerry!

I can’t say whether these same performances are on the XF, but I would doubt it.  However, those who are more familiar than I with XF might be able to suggest something equivalent or better on the XF.  It would help if you gave some more information about the ES performances.  What voices do they use?  What sound are you trying to recreate?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 05:12 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jerrydpi - 01 January 2013 03:23 AM

...2) If not, how would you/I recreate the same ES Performances on the XF?

Since ES VOICES and WAVEFORMS can be loaded to the XF, you should be able to reconstruct Performances (Although I certainly do not know this to be true, or how much work might be involved!).

See page 236 of the XF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 05:29 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012
moxrox - 01 January 2013 04:53 AM

Happy New Year, Jerry!

I can’t say whether these same performances are on the XF, but I would doubt it.  However, those who are more familiar than I with XF might be able to suggest something equivalent or better on the XF.  It would help if you gave some more information about the ES performances.  What voices do they use?  What sound are you trying to recreate?

I called my friend to ask for the info, and it is as follows:

1) Performance 66 (Co: Wah Wah Wow!) uses:
a) Part 1 is:  PDR:  005: A05 [Dr: RockSt2]
b) Part 2 is: PRE2:  094: F14 [Ba: GnarlyBs]
c) Part 3 is: PRE2:  070: E06 [Gt: Voodooman]
d) Part 4 is: PRE2:  079: E15 [Gt: Over The Top]
The Main ARP is: Type 262: XovrRckC

2) Performance 69 (Co: WurlyRetro) uses:
a) Part 1 is:  PDR:  002: A02 [Dr: DryStandard]
b) Part 2 is: PRE2:  092: F12[Ba: 3 Sixty Bs]
c) Part 3 is:  PRE1:  059: D11{Kb: WurliAmped]
The Main ARP is: Type 210: GtrPopD1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 10:10 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

An ALL file from the ES might be useful. The XF Voices aren’t exactly the same as those in the ES, but you can probably manage. The difficulty with ES Performances is that the data points to Voice locations that aren’t the same in the XF.

This should help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/converting_motif_es_and_mo6_mo8_data_to_the_motif_xs_and_motif_xf

Be sure to download the ES_MO_2XS.zip file at the end of that page. That’s where Bad_Mister (Phil Clendeninn) explains how to make it work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 03:23 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

I think John Melas’ tools allow you to bring ES voices and performances into the XF, yes?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 04:35 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012
5pinDIN - 01 January 2013 10:10 AM

An ALL file from the ES might be useful. The XF Voices aren’t exactly the same as those in the ES, but you can probably manage. The difficulty with ES Performances is that the data points to Voice locations that aren’t the same in the XF.

This should help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/converting_motif_es_and_mo6_mo8_data_to_the_motif_xs_and_motif_xf

Be sure to download the ES_MO_2XS.zip file at the end of that page. That’s where Bad_Mister (Phil Clendeninn) explains how to make it work.

Hi 5PinDIN, Happy New Year!

When I went to the suggested link, I noticed that it refers to Voice Data.

But in my case I need to convert a ES Performance to a XF Performance (Performances on the ES are located in the User 1 Bank).

Am I overlooking something?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 05:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Performances are made up of Voices.

You can build the Performance yourself by selecting the same Voices… Is that not apparent?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2013 @ 03:59 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012
Bad_Mister - 01 January 2013 05:29 PM

Performances are made up of Voices.

You can build the Performance yourself by selecting the same Voices… Is that not apparent?

Hello Bad_MIster, Happy New Years from me and all Forum Members!

So the same ES Voices are in the XF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2013 @ 07:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jerrydpi - 01 January 2013 04:35 PM

[...] Am I overlooking something?

If you download the ES_MO_2XS.zip file from the linked support article, it’s all explained in the PDF (including the issue of Voice and Arpeggio compatibility, which may or may not be sufficient for your needs). If your friend can provide an ALL file from the ES, that should make things easier.

If you really need a precise match to what your friend is working with, you can find a used ES6 on eBay for about $800US.

[ Ignore ]