mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Replicating an instrument from a DAW with the Motif XF"

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 02:20 AM
moclab
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-18-2012

Hello again,

I am currently trying to solve a problem.  There is a particular sound/instrument/voice/VST (forgive my terminology ignorance) that my DAW contains and I want to get it into my Motif XF so that I can play on stage without the need for a computer/DAW. I want to be able to play the instrument across all the keys, each in it’s own pitch. 
What is the most efficient way to do this and keep decent quality.

Can you load the instrument file into the Motif directly? 
Maybe sample a note and stick it in the Motif somehow?
I have an idea of where I want to go, just no idea how to get there.

I tried tinkering with some pre-loaded voices, but I couldn’t make it sound right.  I also tried making it work by following the slicing tutorial, but I wasn’t getting anywhere.

Thank you
Moclab

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 02:26 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You can try sampling the sound from the DAW, but this is not a trivial task especially if you have no experience creating XF voices from samples.

If you could post an attachment with an mp3 example of you playing just the sound you want to use perhaps someone here can suggest how to create something similar on your XF.

I wish I had a better answer for you…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2013 @ 12:43 AM
moclab
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-18-2012

Thanks meatballfulton for the response.  I figured that it wouldn’t be that hard; guess I figured wrong.  I’ve included a few notes of the sound if anyone has any ideas of how to replicate the sound with the Motif.

Thanks again

File Attachments
Sample notes.mp3  (File Size: 173KB - Downloads: 156)
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Song
Next Topic:

ES Performances on XF ››