mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "use of foot controller for volume on s70xs"

Posted on: December 30, 2012 @ 03:19 PM
steo_berto
Total Posts:  6
Joined  12-30-2012

Hi everybody,

I am sure that my question is very simple but since that i am a newbie with this keyboard i need to ask!

I need to be able to control the volume of a pad/string by a foot pedal so that i can switch on/off the pad sound while i play the piano (i need to have both hands free ), for that i need to know:

- what i the controller pedal model that you suggest me?
- what is it the exact procedure on yamaha s70xs to configure a pedal in order to control the volume of a part in a performance? I found nothing in the manual about the use of pedals

Thanks to anyone and sorry for asking very simple questions, but i am new with this great instrument i should start from something!!!

Which is the exact

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 08:28 PM
steo_berto
Joined  12-30-2012

Nobody has any idea?

I think the solution is simple, i just need to know the procedure to make it.

Really nobody can help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2013 @ 09:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

- what i the controller pedal model that you suggest me?

The recommended sweep pedal is Yamaha FC7 Foot Controller

- what is it the exact procedure on yamaha s70xs to configure a pedal in order to control the volume of a part in a performance? I found nothing in the manual about the use of pedals

Plug the FC7 into the FOOT CONTROLLER 1 jack. It defaults to sending MIDI Control Change 011 which is musical Expression.

In a PERFORMANCE you can have as many as our VOICES, each in one PART of the program. Each PART can be set to receive the Controller data or not. The PART parameter is called the RCV SW or RECEIVE SWITCH - when a mark appears next to the parameter the controller is active.

From your PERFORMANCE
Press [EDIT]
Select “PART” to view Part parmeters
Select a PART 1-4
Select RCV SW

Clear the mark for Vol/Exp for the Piano PART, this will allow it to ignore the changes in volume.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2013 @ 05:37 PM
steo_berto
Joined  12-30-2012

That ‘s great thank you very much.

It was not very difficult indeed.

So, just for confirmation, the numbers from 1 to 95 indicate different controls, and the number 11 is for volume?

Then i just have to go to a part options inside a performance and switch the fc1 control off/on in case i want that part to be controlled by the pedal. Right ?

[ Ignore ]