mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90 trouble selecting banks in SEQ PLAY mode"

Posted on: December 28, 2012 @ 09:02 PM
om1962
Total Posts:  11
Joined  12-27-2012

Hi, I decided to start a new thread. I finally was able to get the bank select commands to work from Logic environment window (inspector) after creating the custom bank select commands.

However they seem to work only in VOICE mode. As soon as I switch to SEQ PLAY mode on the S90, the bank select command seem to have no effect, but the program change command does have effect.

Any idea whether this is a limitation of the S90 or if there is another way to do it?

I also need to figure out how I can get the same results from my “song” window vs. the environment window.

Thank you,
-Olivier

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2012 @ 12:08 AM
om1962
Total Posts:  11
Joined  12-27-2012

After reading more of the S90 manual, I just found on page 122 that if the system is in General MIDI system level 1 it cannot received bank select commands.
I understand that when you place the S90 in SEQ PLAY mode it is in this GM system level 1 mode.

So is it then not possible to select from MIDI other voices that are not in GM bank when the S90 is in SEQ PLAY mode? Is there some other way to do it?

Again, what I want to do is be able to embed some MIDI command at the beginning of a track to select the proper sound from the S90 it needs to play. I want to be able to select sounds that are in the PRE1 or PRE2 banks.

Any help with that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]