mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arp settings not being copied from voice in song mode"

Posted on: December 22, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
Joshy
Total Posts:  1823
Joined  08-05-2007

I go to a blank song, go to mix part edit, and turn parameter with voice on for part 1. When I switch to Pre2 A01 Roundabout, the arp settings aren’t being copied from the voice, even though parameter with voice is turned on. The arp does not sound. I press the arp on/off button, still nothing. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2012 @ 08:51 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Check to make sure MIDI SYNC is set to internal or if you are using an external clock make sure it is running.

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
press [SF2] MIDI
MIDI SYNC = internal

By the way, if “Parameter with Voice” is set to ON there is no choice but to copy the arpeggios to the PART, why do you say hey did not copy? Is it simply because they are not playing or did you verify that they are different arpeggio Types assigned?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2012 @ 09:14 PM
Joshy
Joined  08-05-2007

I made a little progress. I finally somehow got the arp on/off button to work, but for some reason, parameter with voice doesn’t seem to be working...The arp still does not play until I press the arp on/off button.

BTW, MIDI sync is set to internal.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshy - 22 December 2012 09:14 PM

I finally got it to work, sort of. I still have to push the arp on/off button to activate the arp, even though parameter with voice is turned on. That’s somehow not being copied from the voice.

Use the switch to turn it on, and STORE it that way.

Also, ARP1 is the default - if you want the same default Arp as PRE2 A01 uses, select ARP3 using [SF3] in Mix Part Edit and STORE that as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
Joshy
Joined  08-05-2007
5pinDIN - 22 December 2012 10:04 PM
Joshy - 22 December 2012 09:14 PM

I finally got it to work, sort of. I still have to push the arp on/off button to activate the arp, even though parameter with voice is turned on. That’s somehow not being copied from the voice.

Use the switch to turn it on, and STORE it that way.

Also, ARP1 is the default - if you want the same default Arp as PRE2 A01 uses, select ARP3 using [SF3] in Mix Part Edit and STORE that as well.

It doesn’t make any sense that I should have to do that, since as Bad_Mister said, the arp settings should be copied from the voice if parameter with voice is turned on. Bug?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshy - 23 December 2012 04:19 PM

It doesn’t make any sense that I should have to do that, since as Bad_Mister said, the arp settings should be copied from the voice if parameter with voice is turned on. Bug?

We could discuss whether it “doesn’t make any sense” or if it’s a “bug”, but nevertheless it seems that’s the way it is.

As long as Parameter with Voice is turned on before the Voice is selected for a Part, all the correct Arps from the selected Voice will be copied to the Part. However, my experience is that you still have to do what I previously explained in order for Arps to be on when you select the Song and for the Part to default to the same Arp as in the Voice it was copied from.

Try playing Voice PRE7 D16 “Waterproof”. Then, starting with a blank Song, turn Parameter with Voice on, and select PRE7 D16 for a Part. Determine if the Arp works. If not, try turning the [ARPEGGIO] switch on, and see what happens. Then select ARP5 (which is the only active Arp in PRE7 D16) using [SF5] in Mix Part Edit, and see what happens.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2012 @ 08:28 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012

Not sure if this is part of the solution, but when I’m in pattern mode and change the mixer-edit-"Param. with Voice” from Off to On, it doesn’t instantly change the voice and bring in the parameters.  I also have to change the “Number” field and redial in the voice, then all the voice parameters are active.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mutiny in Jonestown - 23 December 2012 08:28 PM

Not sure if this is part of the solution, but when I’m in pattern mode and change the mixer-edit-"Param. with Voice” from Off to On, it doesn’t instantly change the voice and bring in the parameters.  I also have to change the “Number” field and redial in the voice, then all the voice parameters are active.

Yes, if you don’t turn Parameter with Voice on before selecting the Voice, then once you do turn it on the Voice has to be reselected.

As I said, ”As long as Parameter with Voice is turned on before the Voice is selected for a Part, all the correct Arps from the selected Voice will be copied to the Part.” (emphasis added)

That still doesn’t change the Arp operation from what I previously described. If you want to experiment, try it with PRE7 D16.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2012 @ 01:06 AM
Joshy
Joined  08-05-2007
5pinDIN - 23 December 2012 04:56 PM
Joshy - 23 December 2012 04:19 PM

We could discuss whether it “doesn’t make any sense” or if it’s a “bug”, but nevertheless it seems that’s the way it is.

As long as Parameter with Voice is turned on before the Voice is selected for a Part, all the correct Arps from the selected Voice will be copied to the Part. However, my experience is that you still have to do what I previously explained in order for Arps to be on when you select the Song and for the Part to default to the same Arp as in the Voice it was copied from.

Try playing Voice PRE7 D16 “Waterproof”. Then, starting with a blank Song, turn Parameter with Voice on, and select PRE7 D16 for a Part. Determine if the Arp works. If not, try turning the [ARPEGGIO] switch on, and see what happens. Then select ARP5 (which is the only active Arp in PRE7 D16) using [SF5] in Mix Part Edit, and see what happens.

I tried it, and the arp does not play for that voice in Song mode even with the arp switch turned on and parameter with voice set to on. I don’t understand why the arp isn’t being coppied with the voice, because both the manual and Bad_Mister say it should. I shouldn’t have to use the SF1-SF5 buttons to get the arp to play, because the arp should be copied with the voice since parameter with voice is turned on. I think we’ve got a six legged critter here…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2012 @ 01:50 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshy - 24 December 2012 01:06 AM

I tried it, and the arp does not play for that voice in Song mode even with the arp switch turned on and parameter with voice set to on. I don’t understand why the arp isn’t being coppied with the voice, because both the manual and Bad_Mister say it should. I shouldn’t have to use the SF1-SF5 buttons to get the arp to play, because the arp should be copied with the voice since parameter with voice is turned on. I think we’ve got a six legged critter here…

You may be missing the point I’m trying to make. The Arps definitely are being copied from the Voice to the Part. ARP1 in the Part is the same as ARP1 in the Voice, and the rest also correspond. What doesn’t get copied is which Arp from the Voice is the default - the Part defaults to ARP1, whether or not that’s the default in the Voice being copied. Since in PRE7 D16 the default is ARP5, and it’s the only active one, you have to Press [SF5] on the Mix Part Edit screen, then STORE that. Once you do, the default will become ARP5, matching the one in the Voice, and it will play correctly (as long as the [ARPEGGIO] switch is also on).

I do agree with you that it would make more sense (when Parameter with Voice is on) if the default Arp was the same one as in the Voice. Perhaps that could be changed in an OS update. Until then, it seems the operation has to be done manually.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2012 @ 01:51 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Bad_Mister, do you think this issue could be considered in an OS update?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOTIF XF Organ
Next Topic:

Motif XF8 Audio Interface HELP!!!! ››