mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB-MIDI Driver Installation Issue……"

Posted on: December 11, 2012 @ 02:30 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I have the S90 XS and the Motif XS in the house together for the first time. I ‘had’ installed the Drivers for the S90 XS earlier in the year. I recently installed the Drivers for the Motif XS.

For whatever reason, my computer ‘sees’ the S90 XS but doesn’t access the Drivers. It does, however ‘see’ the Drivers for the Motif XS. Okay.

‘SO’...I go to install Drivers for the S90 XS. NO CAN DO!!! They use the same Driver type, but I can’t install the driver for the S90 XS.

Should there be ‘TWO’ 3.1.2 USB-MIDI Drivers? I have a seperate Driver for the 01V 96. I get that. But in the pull down for the 3.1.2, it only reads ‘Motif XS’.

Thanks in advance for any help solving this issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 10:54 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Should there be ‘TWO’ 3.1.2 USB-MIDI Drivers? I have a seperate Driver for the 01V 96. I get that. But in the pull down for the 3.1.2, it only reads ‘Motif XS’.

No they are not separate MIDI drivers for the Motif and the S-series. They use the exact same MIDI driver.

The 01V96 ? Which model VCM or 96i?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 12:44 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

It’s the VCM 2.3.2 Driver Version. I just can’t figure out how to get the Driver to ‘see’ the S90 XS.

From ‘Control Panel’ opening up the Driver, the Motif XS is the only Device listed.

In Device Manager, the S90 XS appears, but with a big yellow question mark. I’ve tried to get the Driver recognized but not happening.

Maybe what I am ultimately attempting to accomplish isn’t do-able. I’m ‘trying’ to get some User Voices that I have in the Motif XS, converted from the ES, into the S90 XS. I understand they are both ‘-OX’ but can’t figure out how to ‘transfer’ via Flash Drive.

But more over, I can’t use the Editors, Yamaha or Melas because of the lack of Drive connection.

Thanks for hitting me back, Bad 1.

BTW...did you see the picture on Facebook of Gordon and Ron?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 06:48 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

I’m still wrestling with it, but I now can access both the S90 XS and the Motif XS in the Melas Total Library.

What is peculiar is after uninstalling the Drivers for the 01V96v2 and the one for the Motif XS, then reinstalling, the S90XS shares the Driver with the 01V96 instead of the Motif XS.

Very strange.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to use S90XS performances in Cubase?
Next Topic:

S90ES Channel Aftertouch ››