mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Korg Micro Arranger with XS"

Posted on: December 06, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if I could hook a Korg Micro Arranger up to the Motif XS and use the Korg as the control keyboard to trigger the Performances in the XS so that they are synced with a style in the Korg?  Also, whether or not I could take and make a complete song using the styles in the Micro Arranger and send it out midi somehow to use the Motif sounds instead?

Thanks and God bless!

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2012 @ 12:38 PM
KJandKT
Joined  07-12-2008

In addition to my first post, can I either play the arranger and have the Motif record all of the midi coming out of it into discrete channels in the onboard sequencer or could I somehow save a midi file from the Korg that would load into the Motif?  I love the arranger features on the Korg but want to use the great sounds and flexibility of the Motif XS.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2012 @ 02:03 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Your question is really about the Korg… You may want to address it to them. if it generates MIDI data the Motif XS can, of course, record that MIDI data. And if expand the XS with DIMMs you sample it’s audio.

There is really nothing you mention that would impossible from the XS standpoint. MIDI data is MIDI data.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2012 @ 02:08 PM
KJandKT
Joined  07-12-2008

Thanks Bad Mister.  That’s what I thought.  I haven’t gotten it yet but am thinking of purchasing it as a small, portable, inexpensive style generator.  Merry Christmas!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS step sequencer with Cubasa AI4
Next Topic:

USING MIDI WITH STUDIO ONE DAW ››