mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS step sequencer with Cubasa AI4"

Posted on: December 05, 2012 @ 10:38 PM
Tandem
Total Posts:  29
Joined  12-06-2005

As I understand you can’t do step sequences using only the MotifXS, but you can do them using Cubase AI4, is this correct ?  I ask this because I am not good doing sequences using the metronomo and I think it’s easier writting the notes and modifiyng them as you go until you achieve what you are looking for.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2012 @ 08:38 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You could certainly use Cubase for step sequencing, but perhaps that isn’t necessary. If you record your sequence in real time and it isn’t quite right, there are ways to fix it in the XS. Timing can be improved by quantizing, and event editing can take care of many other things.

In the XS Owner’s Manual, Song Edit information begins on page 192, Song Job on page 195.

See this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/449512/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2012 @ 01:17 PM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008
Tandem - 05 December 2012 10:38 PM
As I understand you can’t do step sequences using only the MotifXS, but you can do them using Cubase AI4, is this correct ?  I ask this because I am not good doing sequences using the metronomo and I think it’s easier writting the notes and modifiyng them as you go until you achieve what you are looking for.[/quote
You could always record at a slower tempo then when you’ve finished adjust tempo back to normal. I often do this when making complicated patterns.
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Okay...I’m Dense! Again.....User Waves
Next Topic:

Korg Micro Arranger with XS ››