mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to use S90XS performances in Cubase?"

Posted on: December 05, 2012 @ 01:02 PM
Michaelb
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-04-2012

I’ve been at it for two months now but I just can’t seem to figure this out.  I use my Yamaha S90XS with Cubase to record music, and when in Cubase you can only use the Yamaha in voice mode or multi mode. I connect in multi mode.

So far, so great, I’ve done some nice recordings and use the Yamaha as voice generator and MIDI controller. I want to know : How can I copy the parts of a performance (including effects) to a multi. I’ve read the article about mastering Master mode and I understand that a performance and multi mode is completely different.

And according to the owners manual you can only copy one part from one performance to another performance OR copy one part in a multi to another multi. 

But there must be an easier way to copy the parts used in a performance to the multi I’m using. I’m perhaps doing it the idiot way because I write down all the details of a performance and then manually set it up in Cubase using the Yamaha Studio Manager. 

For example, let’s say I like performance USR 1 : 001 Lay it Down.  I want to record music in Cubase and use the same instruments, effects, settings as this performance and add some more instruments. Because I can only use Studio Manager to connect in Multi mode, I have to set the parts 1 - 4 on the Multi by hand, i.e. look up on the Yamaha (performance mode)the part, the effects, the arpeggios, etc and set it up the same way in Cubase.

The rest is easy, I add more instruments I like, create MIDI tracks and record the music for each part.  Then I use my Yamaha as sound source and records all the parts as audio in Cubase, after which I mix it and export it.

Any help will be appreciated, I have done my share of reading up manuals and searching the web, please just point my in the right direction.  In my mind, Yamaha has done all the good work of putting together these great performance and I use it a lot, just hope there is an easier way to use it in Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I want to know : How can I copy the parts of a performance (including effects) to a multi

Press [MULTI/SEQ PLAY] to enter the Multi timbral / Multi MIDI channel mode
Select a Multi
Press [JOB]
Select “COPY”
Select “PERF”
Select the PERFORMANCE you wish to Copy

If the Performance was 4 PARTS, it will occupy 4 PARTS of the Multi Mix.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2012 @ 04:42 AM
Michaelb
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-04-2012

Thank you SO MUCH Bad_Mister, I have struggled with this two months solid and actually, it’s the most easiest thing to do!

But back to the Reference Manual, I checked again, in the reference manual they discuss Copy Part and Copy Voice but they NEVER mention Copy Performance.  No wonder I couldn’t find it !  I’ll try and notify Yamaha to include this in the manual .

Once again, thank you so much, can’t wait to get started again, I’m gonna do some magic things now with my Yamaha.  This is just wonderful !!

[ Ignore ]