mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90XS Volume Sliders Not Working Properly"

Posted on: November 19, 2012 @ 02:29 PM
bigbugatti
Total Posts:  27
Joined  10-30-2012

Maybe there is something I don’t know about, but frequently when I use the sliders to adjust Part Volume, it doesn’t respond.

However, if I slide it all the way up and then down, it works like it’s supposed to. 

Has anyone else seen this happen?  Maybe I just have a bad one or there may be a setting I don’t know about.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2012 @ 07:09 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

That’s pretty much how it works. What ‘I’ do with Performances that I know I will need to adjust, I Store the Performance with the Fader at ‘0’. Then adjust as/when needed.
Just a thought.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Your sliders are working properly.

While sliding it all the way up and all the way back down will do it, you might want to gain an understanding of the SLIDER MODE and then you can set it to work as you prefer. It is a user preference in UTILITY mode

The sliders work on a system where the stored Value must be reached before the slider becomes “live”. This is often called “hooking” or it must ”catch” the value. It is a very common thing in digital systems where values are stored and need to be recalled.  The other scenario is where a slider ”jumps” to the value as soon as you touch it.

(of course, in a system where the faders are motorized the fader simply moves to reflect the stored value - however, you may have noticed the S90 XS/S70 XS do not feature motorized faders).

Please see the REFERENCE MANUAL page 135 for an explanation of the SLIDER MODE.

After you are aware of the ”catch” feature, you may actually prefer it, as opposed to the ”jump” mode where as soon as you touch the fader the value (what ever it happens to be will be applied).

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2012 @ 12:36 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

Phil once again, you have pulled me from the fire.  I will dive into the ref manual page 135

Thanks you all

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2012 @ 12:53 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

DONE. Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Strange behavior of StudioManager in Cubase
Next Topic:

Switching between multis ››