mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Giving particular Voices and AD priority over the Insertion Switch"

Posted on: November 18, 2012 @ 09:44 AM
el-Odysseas
Total Posts:  190
Joined  04-05-2012

Dear Mox-Users,

The title of this thread is rather confusing, but here is what I would like to achieve:

I connected a Mic in the A/D INPUT and inserted a REVERB (in UTILITY, VCE A/D, INSA).
During my performance (Konzert), I sometimes would like to create a PERFORMANCE out of a VOICE by adding a LAYER,SPLIT, or a DRUM-ASSIGN.
Every time I do this, the INSERTION SWITCH for the A/D turns automatically off. I have then to:

1) Press EFFECT
2) INS SW
3) Turn off the third Insertion Effect applied to some part
4) Turn on the INS SWITCH for the A/D
5) Return to the PERFORMANCE
6) Keep on playing

Knowing that the INSERTION EFFECTS can be applied to up to three PARTS, I would like the A/D Inserted Effect to have the first priority, so that during adding PARTS in a PERFORMANCE, this particular INSERT EFFECT will not be automatically turned off.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

Odysseas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2012 @ 03:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

It sounds like you would like to have the ability to set your own defaults. And while you can select which is the default LAYER VOICE, and which is the default SPLIT VOICE, unfortuantely, I do not believe that this is possible as far as which PARTS have tthe INSERT EFFECT set ON (I will have to investigate).

You get to select which three PARTS will be able to access the INSERTION EFFECT resources. This is (very fortunately) a programmble and storeable function within “PART” parameters. PART parameters occur in PERFORMANCES, SONG MIXING and PATTERN MIXING programs.

If you notice there is only one A/D INPUT setup for all of VOICE mode. This is important to know because if you are working with a vocal mic and need a consistent setup between programs - Voice mode will accommodate this. If your needs require a different setup for your A/D INPUT for each program, then having the ability to customize and store the A/D INPUT setup on a per Program basis is a distinct advantage.

When you are using the PERFORMANCE CREATOR (macro), if I’m understanding your request, you would like to have the INSERT SWITCH default with the A/D INPUT PART set as active - as selectable option for when you are performing live.

What is curious is that youre report that the INSERT SWITCH is ON for three of the PARTS of your new PERFORMANCE and that you have to turn it OFF for one of the internal PARTS in order to activate it on the A/D INPUT PART.  Is that accurate? Or does it default to ON for the first two PARTS, only?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2012 @ 04:56 PM
el-Odysseas
Total Posts:  190
Joined  04-05-2012

What is curious is that youre report that the INSERT SWITCH is ON for three of the PARTS of your new PERFORMANCE and that you have to turn it OFF for one of the internal PARTS in order to activate it on the A/D INPUT PART.  Is that accurate? Or does it default to ON for the first two PARTS, only?

It defaults to ON only for the first two PARTS.
What bothers me is that, although the INSERTION EFFECTS can be applied to up to three PARTS, the A/D INSERTION SWITCH turns OFF the moment I add only the second PART .

A PERFORMANCE uses VOICES and they carry their INS EFFECTS with them into the PERFORMANCE (up to three, that is). But it doesn’t look to work the same way with the A/D INS EFFECT.

What is also interesting (and I guess this priority was at some decided and programmed in that way) after adding the second PART and turning ON the A/D INS SWITCH, when I add a third PART to the PERFORMANCE, the A/D INS SWITCH stays ON, but the 3.PART’s INS SWITCH also stays OFF.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase 7 and MOX
Next Topic:

Editing the "ACCENT PHRASE" and understanding the RandomSFX ››