mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "s90xs - How do you add a part to a Performance?"

Posted on: November 16, 2012 @ 12:50 PM
bigbugatti
Total Posts:  27
Joined  10-30-2012

Are there any empty user slots on a new s90xs?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Your ‘title’ and your question seem in a bit of a conflict. You want to ‘add’ a part to a Performance in the ‘title’, then you ‘ask’ if there are any empty Performances.

I would suggest that you ‘Inventory’ your Performances and see which ones you can do without.

From there.....
You ‘can’ change a Part/Voice in an existing Performance.
You can ‘Initialize’ a Performance and creat one of your own.

Hit back and try to be a little more specific on what you would like to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2012 @ 01:26 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

Thank you so much for your assistance.  I greatly appreciate it.  I’m having trouble finding the answer in the manual. 

What I want to do is to create a Perfomance with 4 Parts.  Then I want to save it as a Master. 

I know how to Layer 2 Parts but I haven’t created a Performance with more than 2 Parts.  Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2012 @ 02:50 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

My S90 XS is on the gig, but I’ll ‘try’ to put you in the right direction at least.

It’s best to ‘Initialize’ a Performance so you can start fresh.
Call up the Performance and Press Job. It should ask you if you wish to Initialize the Performance. Confirm.

Now you have a Blank Performance (or at least a Performance that has a default Voice in Part 1).

You have a ‘Part Select’ Row of buttons (1-4).Here is where you will add your Voices for your Performance. Turn the part ‘On’ as you proceed through the process, adding your choice of Voice and the parameters as you go i.e. Note range, arpeggio etc.

I’m sorry that I can’t be more precise as I don’t have the axe in front of me, but this may help. The SNinety.com Site still exists but support has been moved here to Motifator. The access to the support Power Users Guides and Manuals are still available there. Until they too are moved ‘here’ you might want to check that out.
Hope this helps.SNighty Support

PERFORMANCE CREATION

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

Great, Thanks.  Ok, the JOB button!  I will try that this weekend. 

It is slowly starting to sink in how these banks are organized.

So as far as the Master is concerned, I have A - H Banks, and then 1-16 buttons for direct access with Master?  8 times 16 = 128 is that how it works?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2012 @ 09:35 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

Them’s the ‘highlights’. I suggest that you go over the Power User Guide on Master Mode and other guides there. Much more direct than the manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
bigbugatti
Joined  10-30-2012

Done! I’m an ‘Expert’ now! Thank you so much for your help. I’ve got it set up how I want now.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90XS - I WANT TO LAYER 4 SOUNDS
Next Topic:

Strange behavior of StudioManager in Cubase ››