mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Clearing Waveforms in the Sampler"

Posted on: October 26, 2012 @ 07:15 PM
adamdiehl
Total Posts:  11
Joined  07-11-2008

I am working on a choir’s rehearsal tracks. So once I’ve plunked out midi data for the Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass, I need to make SEVERAL “mixdowns” for each to then export. Accompaniment and soprano, accompaniment and alto, and so on.

So I’ve got a lot of “mixdowns” ... a lot of waveforms stored in the XS8’s memory.

Everytime I create a “mixdown” I save it to my external USB device (thumb drive).

Once I resample 4-6 mixdowns, I run out of memory. The only way I know to deal with this to shut down and restart my XS8. But then I loose waveforms I was still utilizing, and I have to reimport.

Certainly there has got to be an easy way to delete memory stored in the XS’s RAM????

Bad Mister Wrote in another post:

“Also if you press [F3] OTHER
You will find the DELETE ALL function - which will completely delete all sampled audio in SDRAM”

I believe this is my solution, but I DO NOT WANT TO ACCIDENTALLY DELETE THE WAVS THAT I HAVE STORED ON MY EXTERNAL USB DEVICE (thumb drive). Can someone please confirm that clearing the SDRAM will not effect my saved wav files on the thumbdrive?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2012 @ 07:51 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

As you work you can delete same name waveforms,

Press Integrated sampling>Job>F3>Scroll down to “delete same name waveforms">enter
Scroll through Waveforms. Duplicate waveforms will be displayed, and when they are, press enter. This will remove the dupes, freeing up your memory. I do this while working if need be and before storing to drive.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2012 @ 07:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
adamdiehl - 26 October 2012 07:15 PM

[...] I DO NOT WANT TO ACCIDENTALLY DELETE THE WAVS THAT I HAVE STORED ON MY EXTERNAL USB DEVICE (thumb drive). Can someone please confirm that clearing the SDRAM will not effect my saved wav files on the thumbdrive?

The Sample Job Delete All only affects what’s in SDRAM.

Deleting a file on the flash drive is a completely different procedure.

If you’re still concerned, to assure yourself that nothing will happen to what’s on your USB flash drive, just remove it before executing Delete All.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ One complicated question
Next Topic:

LOST ALL DATA ››