mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master mode possibility to mute performance tracks quickly"

Posted on: October 18, 2012 @ 05:42 PM
Paultjuuh
Total Posts:  19
Joined  11-15-2008

Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding my S90ES:

1) I am wondering if there is a quick way to arrange performances to a setlist for live purposes. I know the option of Total Librarian by John Melas but I wonder of the alternatives?

2) If I use master mode to arrange my performances/voices, is there a way (when referring to a performance) to mute tracks 1-4 in a quick way? I don’t want to take a long time how to figure out how to mute certain tracks.

3) Is there a way to start performances with some parts already muted? I would like to switch quickly to another performance and only use e.g. 1 of 4 parts in the beginning but add other parts later in the song.

Thank you for reading.

Paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 05:34 PM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

I am using S70XS, not familiar with any differences to S90ES.

Re your question (2), I just use the Part On/Off buttons on left end of panel control buttons.

Re question (3), make another copy of your performance in the User Performance banks (with Parts On/Off initiated as required) and repoint Master to the preferred initial performance setup.

Given your questions, I am guessing that the S90ES has a Master Mode - if so, that’s your answer to question (1).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2012 @ 02:30 AM
Paultjuuh
Joined  11-15-2008

Thanks for your reply.

I transferred all my performances to masters according to our set list. However, when I push the “track on/off” I cannot see the 4 part names (that I need in order to mute certain tracks; I don’t remember that I put a piano only in part 4 for example).
Is there a way to see these names?

Thanks for your input on the start of a performance with tracks muted initially. However, could you specify the steps you would have to take in order to do that in a performance?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2012 @ 05:12 PM
S70xs_user
Joined  09-02-2012

As I am not familiar with the S90ES, there is a risk I may mislead you.

Based on S70XS, here are answers to your questions:

1) No, you cannot easily view the Part names, so I markup my music with cues on when to switch Parts On/Off.
I also name my Performances like ‘Grand-Cello-Bass’ to assist.

2) Whilst in Performance mode, go to the performance to be edited, and set Parts On/Off as required for the initial setup (and similarly, use sliders to set initial part volumes). Then simply save ("store" ) to another Performace location, and point your Master to that. Simple.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2012 @ 02:03 AM
Paultjuuh
Joined  11-15-2008

Thanks for the reply again. I play live, so I cannot have any cues.. also I can only give 10 character names to a performance.. I think performance mode would be easier in that case for me. How do you select a part to be on/off at the beginning of a performance? Could you please describe the steps? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2012 @ 07:51 AM
S70xs_user
Joined  09-02-2012

I had a quick look at Owner Manual for S90ES - very different panel setup to my S70XS.

But look at Pages 17-19.

I think if you use the Mute button, you can then use buttons 1-4 to mute/unmute Performace Parts.

Having done so, store the amended Performance..

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha Apps - Master Mode
Next Topic:

creating an arpeggio ››