mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Green color Motif xf possible??? !!!!!!"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: October 18, 2012 @ 07:22 PM
hangoverologist
Total Posts:  21
Joined  10-01-2011

Or use skins like on cell phones..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2012 @ 07:40 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I guess I’m the odd man out on this one.  If I’d had a choice of colors for my XF, I would have ordered it just the way it came...black.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2012 @ 09:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 18 October 2012 07:40 PM

[...] If I’d had a choice of colors for my XF, I would have ordered it just the way it came...black.

Black is OK - as long as rare-earth magnets holding a USB-powered LED lamp in place brightens things a bit, such as “someone” calling himself cmayhle posted about here. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
t.s.nishanth
Total Posts:  17
Joined  02-25-2012

Hey thank you all for all the advice,great forum, esp 5pinDIN,you are right even if i did manage to get the skin of the motif xs6 the user bank 4 button would be a problem.

i have attached pic of a green motif xf7 !..it looks so much better taken from the (1.60 os manual)

A better example of the subject…

of the two attachments one is the black honda you see… absolute black .... the guy did not even spare the lights!,and made them black...if one would present me such a gift .... i would rather be in it(in black ofcourse!)...Batman are you listening?! :)....but jokes apart i went and played my motif again yesterday ...and man the sound made me forget everything esp the pads!.....

“When imagination and will are congruent with each other,then the resultant effect of imagination directed by will not add but multiply!"”

Peace…

Image Attachments
green motif xf.JPGblack.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 07:55 AM
omar17166
Total Posts:  150
Joined  11-18-2011

Wow! When I read the heading of this topic (posted only yesterday) I’d expected only one reply: “No you cannot change the XF chassis”!
But now, where I’d always thought that when it came to keyboards, only “size mattered” (XF6-8), I now see that colour also matters :-)))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 09:11 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
t.s.nishanth - 19 October 2012 06:36 AM

Hey thank you all for all the advice,great forum, esp 5pinDIN,you are right even if i did manage to get the skin of the motif xs6 the user bank 4 button would be a problem.[...]

Did you download the Studio Connections logo I linked to?
You could print it, perhaps enlarged, if it inspires you.
big.jpg

t.s.nishanth -

[...]but jokes apart i went and played my motif again yesterday ...and man the sound made me forget everything esp the pads!.....

Just close your eyes (except when you need to press a button :-) ),
it’s all about the sound…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 10:53 AM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012
5pinDIN - 19 October 2012 09:11 AM

Hey thank you all for all the advice,great forum, esp 5pinDIN,you are right even if i did manage to get the skin of the motif xs6 the user bank 4 button would be a problem.[...]

You could do the same thing I did with my band logo.  Print it out on high quality bumper sticker paper, use a self-laminate sheet on top, cut to size with an x-acto knife and metal ruler then place it where you like on the XF.

I woke up today with a crazy idea (like most days :-) I thought, why not mask off the areas of the XF front panel that have labels with self-laminate sheets, and spray paint the rest orange followed up with a few coats of a clear sealer.  Then I had a look at my XF7 and realized I’d have to mask nearly the entire front panel except for the areas on the extreme right and left.  Rats, thought I had a great idea.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 11:29 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mutiny in Jonestown - 19 October 2012 10:53 AM

I woke up today with a crazy idea (like most days :-)

Many great things start off with a “crazy idea”. You can always reject the ones that don’t pan out.

Mutiny in Jonestown -

I thought, why not mask off the areas of the XF front panel that have labels with self-laminate sheets, and spray paint the rest orange followed up with a few coats of a clear sealer.  Then I had a look at my XF7 and realized I’d have to mask nearly the entire front panel except for the areas on the extreme right and left.  Rats, thought I had a great idea.

Yeah, there’s not a lot of unused panel space on an XF7 - a bit more on the XF8, and very little on the XF6.

You previously mentioned a Waldorf Q. How about one of these? :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 04:07 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Joined  02-13-2012
5pinDIN - 19 October 2012 11:29 AM

You previously mentioned a Waldorf Q. How about one of these? :-)

Halloween Every Day!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 04:19 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
5pinDIN - 18 October 2012 09:20 PM
cmayhle - 18 October 2012 07:40 PM

[...] If I’d had a choice of colors for my XF, I would have ordered it just the way it came...black.

Black is OK - as long as rare-earth magnets holding a USB-powered LED lamp in place brightens things a bit, such as “someone” calling himself cmayhle posted about here. :-)

Yep, a much needed accessory on a dimly lit stage!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2012 @ 11:16 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Joined  02-13-2012

So here is what a special Halloween edition orange XF7 would look like.  Version 1 without covering any existing labels.  Version 2 covering all labels.

Image Attachments
orange XF7 label.jpgorange XF7 nolabel.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2012 @ 02:17 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mutiny in Jonestown - 19 October 2012 11:16 PM

So here is what a special Halloween edition orange XF7 would look like.  Version 1 without covering any existing labels.  Version 2 covering all labels.

Interesting.

I hope you don’t mind, but I “borrowed” your Version 1 image and recolored it.

Image Attachments
XS'ed XF7 label.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2012 @ 01:01 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Joined  02-13-2012
5pinDIN - 20 October 2012 02:17 AM

Interesting.

Don’t mind at all!  I’d encourage anyone else out there to download one or both of the images into their favorite paint program & use the Flood/Paint Bucket/etc to try out your own favorite colors! 

There’s a great website at http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm which gives the RGB and Hex values for 500+ color names.  Makes it easy to compare orange to purple to crimson to whatever...attached are a couple others I like, crimson & purple…

Image Attachments
crimson XF7 label.jpgpurple XF7 label.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2012 @ 02:27 PM
t.s.nishanth
Joined  02-25-2012
5pinDIN - 19 October 2012 09:11 AM

big.jpg

t.s.nishanth -

[...]but jokes apart i went and played my motif again yesterday ...and man the sound made me forget everything esp the pads!.....

Just close your eyes (except when you need to press a button :-) ),
it’s all about the sound…

i am going to download the logo and try on my keyboard, i am yet to do that,anyways thanks for the link ....

i purchased mystic spheres , chill experience , vocoder dreamz....from easy sounds.. good stuff!....

but i have some questions ... the chill experience thing comes with 2 files one with sample waveforms 160 mb(please correct me if i am wrong) and another 2mb file without samples for the motif xf.... since i don’t have the flash yet, i cannot load the 160 mb file… so my question is am i missing out something in the way voices sound when i load the 2mb .all file compared to the 160 mb .all file..?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2012 @ 02:30 PM
t.s.nishanth
Joined  02-25-2012
Mutiny in Jonestown - 20 October 2012 01:01 PM
5pinDIN - 20 October 2012 02:17 AM

Interesting.

Don’t mind at all!  I’d encourage anyone else out there to download one or both of the images into their favorite paint program & use the Flood/Paint Bucket/etc to try out your own favorite colors! 

There’s a great website at http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm which gives the RGB and Hex values for 500+ color names.  Makes it easy to compare orange to purple to crimson to whatever...attached are a couple others I like, crimson & purple…

Nice choice of colours :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USED XF prices?
Next Topic:

alot of user voices no sound ››