mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif-Rack XS using live with controller"

Posted on: October 15, 2012 @ 06:12 PM
zhoel
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-23-2004

I want to be able to use this light weight 88es M-Audio controller midi’d to my Rack xs for travel gigs. Ultimately I want to be able to use the rack with any controller provided for backline gear.
Here are my needs
I need to switch programs pretty quickly Ill need to use a computer to interface both controller and Rack. Using Studio Manager or the vst program seem way too cumbersome and slow. one idea is to use an old version of cakewalk. It has a playlist function where I can call up a song that will consist of one prog change. If I use only 1 user back i have plenty of storage just sending a simple number change from 1-128. I really don’t know how else to accomplish this.
Oh yes. I now use s90 xs for gigs so I am copying the programs over to the Rack. If I am using a controller provided I need to program all the splits (usually 2) but have each one receive on channel one. so I wont need to program splits on the controller. Ive tried this and I get the bass on channel one going all the way up the keyboard even though I’ve limited the range from a-1 to f-2.
I know theres a way and plenty of knowledge and experience out there to help me with this.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Rack XS editor - time out error?
Next Topic:

Motif Rack XS VST editor and Cubase problem ››