mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rack XS editor - time out error?"

Posted on: October 12, 2012 @ 04:44 AM
musiklyrik
Total Posts:  29
Joined  08-27-2008

Im trying to connect my Rack XS to the Editor, to acess multis from pre 2 & 3 to my unit.

When I try to connect I get a Time out error.

I cant get it to go online.

This is my setup:

Running 10.6.8 Mac OS.

midi-usb cable between XS and computer

All drivers and versions set for standalone use.

Yamaha studio manager: Midi through = original?

open editor from manager screen:

in setup, I can only chosse port 3. I guess I missed to do something in the original setup? There was some settings you coud do when you first installed the program, can I acess this settings again without re-installing Studio manager or XS editor? Dont know how to get this thing online!

Is there a steb-by-step instruction in a thread someone can share?

This is my last task actually to get all the advantage of my new unit!

Image Attachments
Skärmavbild 2012-10-12 kl. 09.30.29.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2012 @ 07:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In your screen shot next to the USB DETAIL where it says PORT 1 - you have PORT 3 (set the “MIDI OUT” setting to PORT1)
In your screen shot where it says PORT 4 - you have PORT 3 (set the setting PORT 4 for both “MIDI IN” and “MIDI OUT")

You have PORT 3 set for the MIDI KEYBOARD INPUT (that is correct).

http://www.motifator.com/images/uploads/MRXSsetup.JPG

If you are not seeing anything but PORT 3, this means that is the only port you made available

On the STUDIO MANAGER tool bar, go to SM2 > PREFERENCES > the MODIFY WORKSPACE tab appears. This is where you add Devices to your Workspace

The second tab is MIDI SETTINGS.

Here is where you make ports available for the EDITORS you are going to run. You need to check options for PORT 1, 3 and 4 for both in and output Those are the PORTS you want to have available for the Motif-Rack XS Editor.

You don’t mention if you are using a DAW, but if you need to setup without one, then on the bottom of the MIDI SETTING screen, you can setup the MIDI THRU functions at the bottom: put your KEYBOARD MIDI IN (PORT 3 on the left) and your Motif-R XS port 1 on the right. This will allow your keyboard to trigger the Motif-Rack XS (Port 3 > Port 1)

The STUDIO MANAGER is the host for the Rack XS Editor. This means it handles communication with the computer. By activating the PORTS they will then become available within the Motif-Rack XS Editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2012 @ 09:31 AM
musiklyrik
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks Bad_Mister! Managed to do the settings - and I guessed right it was the settings.

Tried to go online, and in the sync I pressed the start button that was blinking…

(global, current and voice is off - is that ok if I just want to load a new multi from the editor?))

...and after a while I still got the red Time out error message.

But maybe we are a little bit closer now…

I first statement in first post of this thread I said that in Studio Manager upper left corner (where you open the editor icon) the midi thru Ch is set to original. Is that correct?

Is there possibly a setting I have to do in the Rack XS unit as well?

You make my day if I can solve this before weekend!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2012 @ 10:39 AM
musiklyrik
Joined  08-27-2008

I got it together! Wrong with the midi cable.

How cool is this unit???

I will be testing out the presets in the weekend.

Medal of honor X 100 to Bad_Mister for your patience!!!!

[ Ignore ]