mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Unable to locate Motix xs7 FW16E card in Audio Midi"

Posted on: October 08, 2012 @ 07:04 PM
ramunas
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-08-2012

I would be grateful if you could advise me where I am going wrong.
I try to connect motif with logic9 but with no success in getting a signal in Logic or seeing Motif in Audio Midi Setup when connecting FireWire.

Specifications. Keyboard: Motif XS7, installed FW16E, updated firmware version 1.60.1, it shows mLan in Utilities not FW, set to Logic.

Computer: MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.5, yamaha Steinberg fw v170 drive installed - it’s possible to open the window with blank fields of ‘Sample rate’ and ‘World Clock master’. I also installed studio manager, motif xs editor and IEEE1394 firmware updater which does not find Motif XS7.
I tried to follow the tutorials but no luck. Any help please?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2012 @ 07:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

First lets locate the Driver in your Mac.

Go to System Preferences
Listed under “OTHER” find the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver icon
Double click it to open the control panel.

You say you have blank fields. This means there is no connection between your computer and the Moti XS7’s FW16E.

Set the Motif XS to automatically load the following preference:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [SF4] AUTO LOAD
Set the IEEE1394 Driver = FW
You will need to [STORE] this preference and reboot your Motif XS for this to take place. Once you have done this this setting will remain until you change the setting or you load in an ALL data file that contains different UTILITY mode preferences.

Set the Motif XS to MIDI IN/OUT = mLAN. Here’s how:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF2] MIDI
Set MIDI IN/OUT = mLAN
Press [STORE] to write this to your Flash ROM

Let us know if you are successful with these steps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2012 @ 08:47 AM
ramunas
Joined  10-08-2012

Thank you very much for very prompt and accurate instructions!

I was not pressing AUTO LOAD and did not have the driver set to FW. Now the communication between Mac and Motif is established and the Steinberg FW drive is easily detectable on Audio Midi Setup!!

Thank you again!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2012 @ 09:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No problem. Here is something you need to know. This setting found on the AUTO LOAD page, will store your preference of using the Motif XS with the (newer) FW driver (rather than the older mLAN driver). This preference - is STORED to the Motif XS’s internal FLASH ROM, and like all of your UTILITY mode settings will be backed up in any “ALL” data file (.X0A) that you create (from this point on).

However, if you have older ALL data files (.X0A) or if you load an ALL data file created by someone other than yourself (like a Sample Library), be aware that you will want to LOAD it using the TYPE = ALL WITHOUT SYSTEM.

The “IEEE1394 Driver = FW” Preference is apart of the SYSTEM settings - so you will want to load other people’s files “without” changing your System, make sense? Even your previous ALL data files will have the mLAN setting stored. So next week when all of a sudden you are back wondering why things are not working - this is the culprit.

RECOMMENDATION: Update your older files with your new preference…
One by one load your ALL data files with the “ALL WITHOUT SYSTEM” option. Then immediately reSAVE that file (overwriting the data) with your new PREFERENCE (IEEE1394 Driver = FW) in tact.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2012 @ 05:20 PM
ramunas
Joined  10-08-2012

Thank you for a very efficient service. That is very helpful to know!

[ Ignore ]