mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "recording wav file"

Posted on: September 28, 2012 @ 05:52 AM
rotterdam1970
Total Posts:  55
Joined  08-27-2012

Hello,

I have make a song,and i have put several wave files into that song. when i playback the song i hear also the wav files together with the internal sounds from my motif xs. when i put on the mute buttons,the internal sounds are muted,and when i press the mute buttons again ,than i hear them ,buth the wav files i dont hear them anymore.  the only way to mute the wav files ,is with the slider buttons,so i can change the volume,buth when i will mute them and a couple of measeurs i will mute again the buttons, i dont hear the wav files,only the internal sounds!!  i will mute the wav files in several measuers,but that doesnt go!  is there a way to do that,so that will working fine?
Soory for my english.....i am from holland!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2012 @ 09:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

One of the most important things to understand about the Motif XS and its Integrated Sampling Sequencer, is that audio that is recorded is a “SAMPLE” and in all cases, Samples are audio recordings that are turned on and off with MIDI NOTE-ON and NOTE-OFF messages. Much like playing the FULL CONCERT GRAND piano VOICE, which is audio that you turn on with MIDI Note-on Events, when those MIDI note events are present the Full Concert Grand piano will not sound. And in fact when you record data to a Track of the sequencer, all that gets recorded to that track is MIDI data, not sound (audio). The MIDI data includes a NOTE-ON Event of a specific Velocity, a specific MIDI note number, and it has a specific duration measures precisely in Measures:Beats:Clocks. The MIDI data is a series a coded messages that when routed back to a MIDI tone generator can be interpreted and turned into sound (actual audio).

Sampling done to the ISS is housed in a special USER SAMPLE VOICE and is triggered like any other audio stored in the Motif XS.

When you view the Data on the SEQ Track (by pressing EDIT and then selecting the Track 1-16) you will see the MIDI events that trigger the Tone Generator to play. So when you MUTE a Track with just the one event on it - responsible for starting playback of recorded audio, in order to restart the audio you would need another MIDI Note-ON event to start playback.

Samples, therefore, differ from linear audio. Samples begin when a NOTE-ON Event triggers them. Sampled audio continues to play as long as the NOTE-ON Event’s duration is not interrupted. That Note-on event, as you realize takes place in a specific measure on a specific beat and on a specific clock tick.

That said, the sampler records audio at a high resolution (44.1kHz) and it can record a precise set of measures/beats (it is always best when working with the ISS to use the MEASURE PUNCH IN/OUT function, not just because it is automatic and makes life easy, but it precisely gives you a duration for your recording).

Knowing the exact TEMPO and TIME SIGNATURE of your song and the fact that 44,100 samples are precisely recorded every second, the MOTIF XS can tell you exactly (with literally: sample accuracy) how many samples equals a measure.  The XS has a built-in calculator that will tell you and “cue up” exactly any number of measures and beats you require.

Press [INTEGRATED SAMPLING]
Select the WAVEFORM you are going to work with
Press [EDIT]
You set the START POINT and the END POINT
Set the TEMPO and TIME SIGNATURE
You can use this “calculator” to precisely set your Events.

So if you require to stop and restart your song (for whatever reason) and you would not like to have to return to START of your audio track every single time, it is a simple procedure to subdivide your audio recording into more musically convenient segments.

I have subdivided long vocals into single measure units (which is a bit of “overkill” - but I did it to show a group attending one of our Master Class events how it is totally possible and the XS does all the math for you - you just have to copy and paste the regions to a new Waveform, and place the appropriate NOTE-ON Events) but I’ve found in practical use - dividing long audio recording into 8 and 16 musically relevant measures works for most songs that have structure.  This works because typically when you stop a song and locate a musical section - that is where you want the audio to begin.

Please see this thread

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2012 @ 07:17 AM
rotterdam1970
Joined  08-27-2012

Okay,

i recorded a wav file into the sequencer.
when i play start,the wav file i recorded plays,only when i press the stop button and press again on the play button,i hear the wav file anymore,only when i go to the beginning of my song and play start, the wav file starts again!  i will when i play my song, mute that wav file a several measuers,with the mute buttons, and than press again on that mute button a several measuers further,buth than haer no wav file anymore! all the other tracks i recorded with the internal sounds on the motif,the mute functions works fine,also when i mute several measeurs,and press again, the other tracks i hear them again. so what’s the problem ,what i am doing wrong?
mute function works with several measeurs,buth not with wav files.
the only thing i can do is real time change the volume when i play my song, song with the volume sliders i can set the volume range from that wav file to zero at real time.
Anyone who can help me??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2012 @ 08:43 AM
rotterdam1970
Joined  08-27-2012

Okay,

i recorded a wav file into the sequencer.
when i play start,the wav file i recorded plays,only when i press the stop button and press again on the play button,i hear the wav file anymore,only when i go to the beginning of my song and play start, the wav file starts again!  i will when i play my song, mute that wav file a several measuers,with the mute buttons, and than press again on that mute button a several measuers further,buth than haer no wav file anymore! all the other tracks i recorded with the internal sounds on the motif,the mute functions works fine,also when i mute several measeurs,and press again, the other tracks i hear them again. so what’s the problem ,what i am doing wrong?
mute function works with several measeurs,buth not with wav files.
the only thing i can do is real time change the volume when i play my song, song with the volume sliders i can set the volume range from that wav file to zero at real time.
Anyone who can help me??

[ Ignore ]