mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Faders for live performing ?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 06:44 PM
Sgtj47
Total Posts:  11
Joined  09-19-2012

Hello!

I’m trying to setup up my mox 6 in a way that I can have 4 voices selected and be able to fade them in or out individually or layer them.  I know I can use the part select/mute along with the one volume knob but this seems like it can get complicated for a live setting.  Can I assign a volume knob to each voice part?  Or can I accomplish this with the “yanaha fader app” for iPhone?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

I believe the app you need for that is “Performance Editor Essentials”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
markadeleon
Total Posts:  62
Joined  09-14-2012

yes performance editor will do that.  I just tried that last night.  I am trying to figure out how to split the 4 parts and move octaves around.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 10:08 PM
Sgtj47
Joined  09-19-2012

Awesome!! Except this app is not available in Canada lol
Anyone wanna email me the API ? What does this do?  The fading?  Or the assigning? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 10:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

can I accomplish this with the “yanaha fader app” for iPhone?

Yes, you can. With the FADER app you would need to place your four Voices in four PARTS of a SONG or PATTERN MIXING program. Assign a Fader to each separate MIDI channel sending CHANNEL VOLUME (cc007).

PERFORMANCES can be moved to MIXING setups using the convenient TEMPLATE function:
Press SONG or PATTERN to enter that mode
Press [MIXING]
Press [F4] TEMPLATE
Press [SF2] PERFORM
Select the PERFORMANCE you wish to work with
Set the target to PARTS 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, or 13-16 as you wish

This will copy the entire PERFORMANCE but place each PART on it own successively higher MIDI channel so you can address each PART individually. The TEMPLATE function allows you to copy a PERFORMANCE to the SEQUENCER mode so that you can record the PARTS one at a time in a more traditional fashion.. here you can use it to setup your four PARTS to four separate Channels so you can control them with the FADERs App via the CHANNEL VOLUME parameter.

The PERFORMANCE ESSENTIALS - does allow you to address the PERFORMANCE while in PERFORMANCE mode (where System Exclusive messages are used to control the PART VOLUME parameter).

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 10:40 PM
Sgtj47
Joined  09-19-2012

Great I’ll try that out.  Is fader app is available in canada.  Don’t know y the other is not.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 11:05 PM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010
Sgtj47 - 19 September 2012 06:44 PM

Whoops,. I just realized you said iPhone. “Performance Editor Essentials” is for iPad.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 11:08 PM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010
Bad_Mister - 19 September 2012 10:26 PM

Yes, you can. With the FADER app you would need to place your four Voices in four PARTS of a SONG or PATTERN MIXING program.

Actually, once you move your Voices into a Song/Pattern Mix, can’t you just use the 4 knobs on the MOX? Then he wouldn’t need to bother with the app at all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
Sgtj47
Joined  09-19-2012

That would be even better.  Will that work?  Is that what the zone switch function is about?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2012 @ 12:23 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Actually, once you move your Voices into a Song/Pattern Mix, can’t you just use the 4 knobs on the MOX? Then he wouldn’t need to bother with the app at all.

Yes but you have to access the PART, then select the VOLUME KNOB in row 3 of the KNOBS. Not exactly four knobs next to each other - in order to set up the MOX so you have four VOLUME knobs for the four PARTS you must associate the MIX with a MASTER.

If you want access to four Volumes next to each other, you must then create a MASTER program that is associated with your MIXING setup - with the ZONE SWITCH set to ON you can have Knob 1 control ZONE 1, Knob 2 control ZONE 2, Knob 3 control ZONE 3 and Knob 4 Control ZONE 4.

The original question was can you use the FADERS app - and you can. If you want to do it on board the MOX,

Move your PERFORMANCE to MIXING setup (four separate PARTS each on its own channel) > STORE the SONG/PATTERN. Then associate a MASTER with that SONG or PATTERN, set the ZONE SWITCH to ON, and transmit to the four PARTS with four ZONES.

It sounds complicated but it is not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2012 @ 12:27 AM
Sgtj47
Joined  09-19-2012

I think I got it.  I’ll give that a shot.  Thank you guys for all help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2012 @ 01:59 PM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010

Ah, right… yes, move the MIX to a MASTER, forgot that step, it’s been a while. It’s a lot of steps, but it’s a good solution.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2012 @ 05:07 PM
Sgtj47
Joined  09-19-2012
Bad_Mister - 20 September 2012 12:23 AM

Yes but you have to access the PART, then select the VOLUME KNOB in row 3 of the KNOBS. Not exactly four knobs next to each other - in order to set up the MOX so you have four VOLUME knobs for the four PARTS you must associate the MIX with a MASTER.

If you want access to four Volumes next to each other, you must then create a MASTER program that is associated with your MIXING setup - with the ZONE SWITCH set to ON you can have Knob 1 control ZONE 1, Knob 2 control ZONE 2, Knob 3 control ZONE 3 and Knob 4 Control ZONE 4.

The original question was can you use the FADERS app - and you can. If you want to do it on board the MOX,

Move your PERFORMANCE to MIXING setup (four separate PARTS each on its own channel) > STORE the SONG/PATTERN. Then associate a MASTER with that SONG or PATTERN, set the ZONE SWITCH to ON, and transmit to the four PARTS with four ZONES.

It sounds complicated but it is not.

Well....I’ve tried all the steps and it’s not working.  I got my voices( pad, piano, string, and Rhodes) stored into a performance.  In 4 parts (1-4).

- I press song/pattern.
- Then mixing
- Execute performance then store. 
-Then, I press master and find my stored song with the corresponding performance. 
-Turn on zone switch. 

But then, either only one knob changes value while other 3 remain at 100 when I turn the knob.  Or, I get three 3 knob to change value but only one knob changes the volume of all 4 parts together. 

What am I missing ? Any ideas ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2012 @ 05:09 PM
Sgtj47
Joined  09-19-2012
anotherscott - 20 September 2012 01:59 PM

Ah, right… yes, move the MIX to a MASTER, forgot that step, it’s been a while. It’s a lot of steps, but it’s a good solution.

Well....I’ve tried all the steps and it’s not working.  I got my voices( pad, piano, string, and Rhodes) stored into a performance.  In 4 parts (1-4).

- I press song/pattern.
- Then mixing
- Execute performance then store. 
-Then, I press master and find my stored song with the corresponding performance. 
-Turn on zone switch. 

But then, either only one knob changes value while other 3 remain at 100 when I turn the knob.  Or, I get three 3 knob to change value but only one knob changes the volume of all 4 parts together. 

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2012 @ 06:26 PM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010
Sgtj47 - 21 September 2012 05:09 PM

Are the 4 sounds are (in MIX mode) assigned to to 4 different MIDI channels? You may need to make adjustments to the TRANS CH and INT SW parameters. I am not near one to check.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2012 @ 06:34 PM
Sgtj47
Joined  09-19-2012
anotherscott - 21 September 2012 06:26 PM
Sgtj47 - 21 September 2012 05:09 PM

Are the 4 sounds are (in MIX mode) assigned to to 4 different MIDI channels? You may need to make adjustments to the TRANS CH and INT SW parameters. I am not near one to check.

The 4 sounds are in 4 parts.  Where would I check is they are slso in 4 seperate channels?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2