mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording a mixdown of a finished pattern or song as audio onto the internal sample RAM"

Posted on: September 17, 2012 @ 08:24 AM
PhilXS6
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-17-2012

I’ve just joined Motifator so apologies if the thread has been done before but I couldnt find it on here.
I’ve just installed 1GB of RAM onto my XS6 .
How do I (in simple steps please !!)record in real time a stereo audio mixdown of all the finished midi parts just by using the XS6...no external computer involved.
I would like to be able to play the midi pattern or song and capture it in real time as a wavefile onto the internal sample RAM. Is this possible to do without an external computer ?
I would appreciate any help here.
Thanks
Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2012 @ 09:24 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the forums!

How to Make a WAV or AIFF for CD/MP3 Creation

This is from the SUPPORT area for the Motif XS here on Motifator. Method 1 allows you to record a stereo 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV to your USB drive. You can RECORD and PLAYBACK audio directly from a USB stick connected to your XS.
Method 4 is RESAMPLING to the XS’s own sample RAM, you must back this up (of course) to your USB Stick/Drive as DIMMs are volatile.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2012 @ 11:09 AM
PhilXS6
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-17-2012

Hi Bad_Mister.
Wow..thank you so much for your super-fast reply!Having just spent days of frustration trying to solve my question I am so grateful for your knowledge and expertise. Method 4 was exactly what I was looking for..resampling onto the internal RAM...but I just couldnt figure it out.So thanks once again - I can see this forum is going to be so invaluable and indespensable on the Motif journey.
Kind regards
Phil

[ Ignore ]