mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "using the S90es as a midicontroller"

Posted on: September 10, 2012 @ 02:25 PM
snypster
Total Posts:  8
Joined  08-10-2005

Hi.  I have a two keyboard setup in which i am using a S90es {as the controller keyboard} and a roland Jd800.I have a situation where i need to play a piano sound from the s90es and have a string sound coming from the jd800 layered with the S90es piano sound. I then need to be able to quickly shut off the incoming midi signal from the jd800 so i do not hear the string sound on the s90es. {in this case,the keyboards work independently of eachother} What is the best way to do this on the fly? {I usually have to do this in a middle of a song,so i need to do this quickly,without changing patches or modes on the s90es} thanks,Ronnie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2012 @ 06:40 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have a situation where i need to play a piano sound from the s90es and have a string sound coming from the jd800 layered with the S90es piano sound. I then need to be able to quickly shut off the incoming midi signal from the jd800 so i do not hear the string sound on the s90es.

I thought the S90ES was doing piano… I’m confused????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2012 @ 11:47 AM
snypster
Joined  08-10-2005

Yes,that is correct.I have two situations i want to accomplish. 1} i simply want to layer a string sound from my jd800 onto the s90es keyboard.So,when i play the s90es keyboard,I should hear the s90es internal sound{eg.A07 full grand} layered with the jd800 sound {string sound} at the same time. In this situation,the two keyboards are layered.{ i understand that i must plug a midi cable from the midi out of the s90es to the midi in of the jd800,and have the two keyboards on the same midi channel, to acomplish this} 2} i then want to simply shut off the midi signal coming from the jd800,so the keyboards are NOT LAYERED.In this situation,when I play the s90es,I hear only the S90es internal sound{Ao7full grand} I basically just want to be able to turn on and off the incoming midi signal from my jd800 very quickly. On my last controller,{ a roland rd600} there was a dedicated button on the front panel to shut off {and on},the incoming midi signal.I frequently need to do this very quickly in the middle of a song,so i do not want to have to scroll through menus. Can this be accomplished on the S90ES? I hope this is more clear.Thanks,Ronnie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2012 @ 11:45 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, we lost track of your post. Setup to use MASTER Mode to create your LAYERED situation.

When MASTER mode is active (ZONE SWITCH = ON) you will be able to communicate to the internal S90 ES via ZONE 1 and your external keyboard via ZONE 2. Set the MIDI channels and INT/EXT switch as necessary.

Go to UTILITY mode
Press [F5] MIDI
Press [SF1] CH
Set the KEYBOARD TRANSMIT CHANNEL = OFF (yes OFF)

This will allow you to communicate with the external keyboard only when you are in a MASTER program setup. When you wish to break the MIDI communication with the external device simply press the [VOICE] button, you will be playing your S90 ES Piano only - this instantly switches you to VOICE mode where NO MIDI data is trasmitted OUT…

Need to layer again? press [MASTER] it will return you to your last selected layered Master setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2012 @ 11:02 PM
snypster
Joined  08-10-2005

That solution does work very well and solves my midicontroller problem. Thanks again Bad Mister!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Love the S90ES
Next Topic:

.wav file trouble on flash drive ››