mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance, Bass & Organ"

Posted on: September 06, 2012 @ 11:28 AM
winiarjt
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-02-2012

Hi
I’m trying to set up a two part Performance, Bass & Organ

How would I set up a simple Bass Line (Like the beginning of “Gimme Some Lovin") to play by touching one note with my left hand and playing the organ riff with my right hand.... and then be able to stop that Bass Line and play Live with both hands.

Can this be done with just creating a arpeggiator pattern?

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Can this be done with just creating a arpeggiator pattern?

No, not with just creating an arpeggio - you will also need to assign that arpeggio to a PART of a PERFORMANCE and then assign your Bass and Organ to two other PARTS.

It will require 3 PARTS since you require to move from the arpeggio “playing” the bass line to you taking over the bass line. The most convenient way to accomplish this would be to use the same Bass Voice in two separate PARTS - one the ARP will play the other you will play.

Since the ARP requires only a single note-on event to trigger playback, you can start the ARP phrase with any note you wish (say you setup the lowest note on the keyboard to turn on the ARP, it does not even have to be the correct key, you can create the arp phrase to play from any key you choose, even if it is not in the key of the song - you are only using the key to turn ON the phrase) then you can use the rest of the keyboard to setup the Bass/Organ split you require.

The ARP Phrase can be set to play through once and stop automatically (Arp Loop = OFF) or you can press the trigger key to start the Phrase and hit the key again to turn it OFF (Trigger mode = toggle). As I’m writing this, I realize there are several ways to do this…

First step would be to Create the ARP. Record the Bass line for the arpeggio into the sequencer.
Use the JOB > [F5] TRACK > JOB 07: Put Track to ARP

If you want the bass line to play through once and stop, record the entire length of the phrase into the sequencer and convert the entire phrase as the arp.
If you want to trigger it and have it repeat until you decide to stop it, record as much as you need to loop (if I remember Gimme Some Lovin’ that is about a measure)

When creating the ARP (PUT TRACK TO ARP) you will want to set the CONVERT TYPE = ORG NOTE (Original Notes) this means that the arp will play exactly what you played but will transpose musically according the key pressed… you can pick a note that will trigger the phrase. When you select CONVERT TYPE = ORG NOTE, the ORIGINAL NOTE ROOT parameter appears. This is the physical KEY that will be responsible for turning on the Bass line - so choose it wisely. It can be any key you want. When it is triggered the Bass line will play the notes you originally played. This will become clearer as soon as you experiment with it.

Tip: When setting the MEASURE range for the ARP job, 001-002 means the first measure.
If your phrase is 8 measures, you would set the Measure = 001-009. It is read “from the top of measure 001 to the top of measure 009” which is 8 complete measures.

Once you have your arp, you will need to create the PERFORMANCE.
There are two NOTE LIMIT parameters for each PART. One determines what pitches will sound from the PART. This is the PART Note Limit.
The other determines what pitches will control/trigger the arp. This is the ARP Note Limit.

Assign a Bass to PARTS 1 and 2 of the PERFORMANCE
Assign your Organ to PART 3

Press [EDIT]
Press [1] to view PART 1 parameter
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Here you can set you VOICE in the PARTS

Set the Bass that is going to play the ARP to “ARP PLAY ONLY”
Press [SF2] MODE
“ArpPlyOnly” means that this PART will not sound directly when you press the keys, the arpeggiator will trigger the sound play.

With PARTs 2 and 3 setup your normal Bass and Organ, using the PART Note Limit parameter to create the split you need. We set this up and it is definitely doable.

If you need more information, or you get stuck let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 06, 2012 @ 07:25 PM
winiarjt
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-02-2012

Thank You so much.
John

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loading Multiple Voice Banks
Next Topic:

Mox setting together with software keyboard ››